Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #16
RWJ
Zealot
RWJ doesn't litterRWJ doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Well I have a micropay at FW to consume, and I love their short stories and SF subscriptions, but I'd be more than happy to switch to buying novels from EZRead if they have timely releases. Thanks for clarifying, all.
RWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #17
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
A reminder this sale is still on -- 40% off everything. Robert B Parker Spencer novels, for example -- $7.99 with micropay rebate $4.79. That's way cheaper than I can buy anywhere else. And the micropay rebate can be used later on other stuff. Plus the multi-format books (like, for the Kindle) are a straight 40% off. No muss, no fuss. Credit card or Pay Pal accepted for instant downloads.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #18
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Your problem then becomes what to do with the micropay you get. I've still got $40 micro pay in my account and it bugs me that the prices of books on which to spend the micropay is 20% to 40% higher that the price which the books are sold by FW's parent, Barnes & Noble. Honestly, the whole micropay setup is a scam because the book prices are so inflated.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #19
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Scam - that's a bit harsh. It depends on what you read (and buy). The Spencer series is a good example: $7.99 is the regular price which is fully competitive with Amazon. The 40% you save can be reserved to pay toward another Spencer book down the road. That's a genuine bargain.

OTOH, I certainly agree that the Rex Stout "new" releases (of 1930s and 1940s novels) -- at $15 (!) are absurdly priced, even with a micropay rebate. However, Every store has them for $15 -- Fictionwise, Amazon, Sony, Kobo bookstores ... and each with a 30-40% discount. So you actually end up at the same place ... once you cash in your micropay rebate. However, I'd blame Random House for that silly pricing, not Fictionwise.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #20
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I bough this weeks Rex Stout books and just used my Micropay. Even though it is not listed on the site I still got a 35% rebate with the 15% discount, plus the extra 5% for buying day one and an extra 5% for buying ereader. The Fictionwise stuff is confusing dealing with the discounts and micropay, but my final cost was less than half the price B&N is charging for the Nero Wolfe novels.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert