Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Sqweegal
Sqweegal began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
Hello from Atlanta, Ga

Hello from Atlanta Ga. Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm new to the forum thing, and to Sony e-readers, just thought I would join this community since I liked what I saw.

A little about me and my reading habits, well for one I came from a Kindle which I had to replace just recently due to problems I will not go into. I replaced it with my new Sony PRS-300 a few months later and I must say I love even more than my first generation Kindle, the size is just right, the battery seems to last longer for me, and the options for books seems endless.

A little about my reading habits, I tend to stay far far away from traditional books, I know bad me but they just don't seem to get me like the ebook does, with adjustable size fonts, on the fly bookmarks, easily able to juggle 2 or 3 items being read at once.

As far as the kinds of books i enjoy reading, some people would call it trash, just not bad trash. I read almost exclusively fiction, perhaps I should check out some non-fiction but since I read to replace television and movies I like to be entertained while I read. Probably why I read so much ficition and so much horror fiction at that.

Just to name a few of my favorite authors, I enjoy Richard Laymon, (I know bad me), I recently discovered Jack Kilborn, really enjoyed his book Afraid. I like a Stephen King, and anything else new I can find.
Sqweegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Sqweegal, welcome to MR!

As far as I'm concerned, there is no "bad" reading, especially if it displaces t.v. time!

On the other hand, you might get something out of this thread that touches on a similar topic.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Sqweegal and welcome to MobileRead. With your reading habits, you'll fit right in here.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Sqweegal

So........have you read Kings latest?

Any Bentley Little or Edward Lee?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
Sqweegal
Sqweegal began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
Thanks for the link to that thread I will definitely be checking into it, maybe put my 2 cents worth in .

To desertgrandma I haven't read Kings latest yet, I'm still working my way through his older stuff, I hadn't read anything by him in years it seems like. Paper books just couldn't grab me for some reason. Also thanks for the recommendations for the other authors I haven't read either of them.
Sqweegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Welcome, Sqweegal! I'm one of those people that avoid paper books ever since they got an ebook reader. For me, it's the content that's important, ebook or paper is just a matter of preference.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!

Nothing wrong with reading only and only ebooks
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote