Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Interesting statistic about MobileRead.com

Site profile page for https://www.mobileread.com. This report page has aggregated and summarized the online discussions from the Message Board located at https://www.mobileread.com. This site profile page outlines general site statistics such as: Users Activity, Site Activity, Site Rank, and Top Authors, which are reported in either a table or graph below for a given reporting time period.

http://boardreader.com/sp/MobileRead..._active_forums

I'm not sure if this information 100% correct but it looks interesting.

GeoffC is a leader (367 posts for last week) and zelda_pinwheel has just 1 post less than GeoffC

About us:
Our Technology
Our technology is based on innovative, scaleable software created to quickly and accurately search information contained on message boards. Message boards are part of the Internet known as the 'Invisible Web' and pose many problems to traditional search engine spiders. The dynamic content is usually very deep and hard to search. In addition, many of these sites change their locations, servers, or url's almost daily presenting special searching challenges.

Special retrieval and indexing algorithms as well as unique topic relevance ordering rules are but a few parts of what is needed to allow you to view what we affectionately call the 'human experience'. We sincerely appreciate your comments and hope you enjoy our service.

http://boardreader.com/info/about.htm

Last edited by Kris777; 05-17-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:48 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Nice find!

I thought the most interesting stat was the Authority Badge one saying there's been 519 post authors in the past month.

That is way more than I would have guessed, and is very good news imho.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Nice find!

I thought the most interesting stat was the Authority Badge one saying there's been 519 post authors in the past month.

That is way more than I would have guessed, and is very good news imho.
Agree, I didn't expect so many authors too. I hope this information is correct.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Thanks, that site does have a lot of very "interesting" information!

It has another website link to some demographics info about the MobileRead.com readership, i.e. where users come from, where they go to, and countires' traffic rank.

These statistics can sure be eye-openers...

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-09-2009 at 11:58 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Agree, I didn't expect so many authors too. I hope this information is correct.
Interesting statistics.

I'll take being in the top ten posters at MR last week as a good thing.

WDE. (or a blathering idiot)

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 05-09-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Yay!!! I'm in the top 10. Now, where's my prize? I will accept cash and Ferrari's
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
bluster, cough !

what me top rank ... never ! can't be right !

I'm just too quiet and introverted ... and i'm hardly here half the time ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Yay!!! I'm in the top 10. Now, where's my prize? I will accept cash and Ferrari's

We can check the results next week and ask moderators to add you some Karma if you will be the number 1 in the list. After it you can buy Ferrari on it
Old 05-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks for the link ! i think it's particularly interesting to see the demography of our community ; we've got members from all over the world, which i think is pretty amazing.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #10
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thanks for the link ! i think it's particularly interesting to see the demography of our community ; we've got members from all over the world, which i think is pretty amazing.
Yes, some numbers look interesting. For exampls population in Germany - 82,062,200; in UK -61,612,300 but according Alexa website : 12% mobileread visitors from Germany and just 3.7% from UK...
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'll take being in the top ten posters at MR last week as a good thing.

WDE. (or a blathering idiot)
Er,...., TOP 5 nevertheless, oh chatty one!

Go, Canada, Go!!!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Er,...., TOP 5 nevertheless, oh chatty one!

Go, Canada, Go!!!
I *limit* my posts to *exactly* 200/week.

WDE. (goes and looks up latest entry on milestones thread)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #13
Kris777
Banned

A record number of posts were posted on May 6th righ after news about Kindle DX -
1.6K posts.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:52 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
A record number of posts were posted on May 6th righ after news about Kindle DX -
1.6K posts.

absolute, pure, coincidence ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:24 AM   #15
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Yes, some numbers look interesting. For exampls population in Germany - 82,062,200; in UK -61,612,300 but according Alexa website : 12% mobileread visitors from Germany and just 3.7% from UK...
Well, you know, we got this great germanspeaking forum.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote