Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
bruce1203
bruce1203 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
the question of downgrading from 3.4 to 3.3

my kindle 3.4 downgrade to 3.3,programming and downloading are ok,but it can`t restart.i used ATK to do that,then power button is out of work.I have recharged it 8 hours,but nothing is changed.how can I do?
bruce1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
where do you get the 3.3 image?

What about downgrading to 3.0.x and then up to 3.3 (works for me, I've done it a few time)

using k3flasher. nice and easy. tested as working Hope that helps
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
kaneorotar
Enthusiast
kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: K3, KW3, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
where do you get the 3.3 image?

What about downgrading to 3.0.x and then up to 3.3 (works for me, I've done it a few time)

using k3flasher. nice and easy. tested as working Hope that helps
The 3.3 kernel&rootfs seems to have been re-uploaded to here (A Chinese file sharing website)
kaneorotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Maybe that copy is broken? Does anybody by chance know where this is linked from and where the procedure of rescuing is described for that copy? Maybe they've gotten it wrong or confusing at some point.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@hawhill: There is a member here by the same nickname (felonwan), perhaps a PM is in order?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
kaneorotar
Enthusiast
kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Maybe that copy is broken? Does anybody by chance know where this is linked from and where the procedure of rescuing is described for that copy? Maybe they've gotten it wrong or confusing at some point.
The guide (which is a a slightly more detailed Chinese version of the k3noobdebrikatk post) is available at HERE

I've also tried flashing that 3.3 image and it seems to be working, though the connectivity was not tested because of the damaged device ID information.

My first assumption is that the OP may have flashed the image to the wrong memory location. But the reason why the power switch doesn't work is yet to be discovered.

The other less probable assumption is that the OP may not know how to restart the Kindle properly as it's not discussed in THAT guide or introduced as common knowledge.

@bruce1203: Did you try to restart the Kindle by pressing and holding the power switch for 20 seconds?
Old 10-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
bruce1203
bruce1203 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
now i have charged it 8 hous, the power switch was down,not green.I tried to restart the Kindle by pressing and holding the power switch for 20 seconds,but it is not useful.I recharged my kindle ,the power switch still is yellow,about 1 hour is down ,not green.
I downgrade my kindle refering to the wiki:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186076
bruce1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #8
kaneorotar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce1203 View Post
now i have charged it 8 hous, the power switch was down,not green.I tried to restart the Kindle by pressing and holding the power switch for 20 seconds,but it is not useful.I recharged my kindle ,the power switch still is yellow,about 1 hour is down ,not green.
I downgrade my kindle refering to the wiki:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186076
hmm, does it show up as a 'SE Blank RINGO' device when connected to a computer? If so, then it could probably be brought back to life by correctly flashing the kernel, rootfs and the partition table.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
jonthedit
Nameless Being

Why would you downgrade? Just curious...