Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
edwardmatheson
edwardmatheson began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Issues installing on Mountain Lion

I have downloaded the .dmg but after clicking on it a new window opens up that is blank. I would expect the calibre icon to appear and then drag into my applications folder. Any ideas?
edwardmatheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmatheson View Post
I have downloaded the .dmg but after clicking on it a new window opens up that is blank. I would expect the calibre icon to appear and then drag into my applications folder. Any ideas?
did you forget the instructions in the Notes: on the download page? http://calibre-ebook.com/download_osx
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
edwardmatheson
edwardmatheson began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the prompt reply. I assume that you are referring to point 2 The app cannot be run from within the dmg. You must drag it to a folder on your filesystem (The Desktop, Applications, wherever). I copied the calibre-0.9.0.dmg file into my applications folder and when I double click on it (from within the applications folder) nothing seems to happen - only a blank empty window called calibre-0.9.0. Is this correct?
edwardmatheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like your dmg is corrupted, try downloading it again.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
turbotoes
turbotoes began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini, galaxy A5
There was an issue with gatekeeper in dev versions of ML claiming that the .dmg was corrupted, they seem to have been fixed, but it might be worth changing your gatekeeper settings to allow apps from "anywhere" and try installing afresh.

system preferences/ security and privacy/general/allow applications downloaded from….

Tara
turbotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert