Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Amazon's Android App Store opens today

giving out Angry Birds Rio FREE for today only.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Interesting. I gave it a try and it seems to be decent. AT&T folks are out of luck for now, but apparently they're working on it...

Quote:
If you have an AT&T phone or tablet, you currently can't install the Amazon Appstore or purchase apps from it. AT&T is working to allow customers to install the Amazon Appstore and purchase apps from it. To sign up to be notified by AT&T when you are able to install the Amazon Appstore on AT&T phones and tablets, visit the AT&T website. http://www.appstoreaccess.com/

Apparently there will be a different paid app offered for free each day, for how long I don't know.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
The test drive feature is potentially a killer.
http://techcrunch.com/2011/03/22/ama...d-app-store-3/

Really nice.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
The test drive feature is potentially a killer.
http://techcrunch.com/2011/03/22/ama...d-app-store-3/

Really nice.
Test Drive sounds great. So far I haven't actually seen it available on any apps (including the one shown in the Tech Crunch article), but I certainly like the idea of it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
That's a rather nifty thing, that test-drive. I'm looking forward to see what free apps they'll offer in future days.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Already got it working on my Nook Color - and despite the requirement to be signed in to Amazon it doesn't require a constant network connection to use the apps.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Yep me too, I've loaded it on my nook before my phone . It's okay in some ways better than the Google market, but right now there is not compelling reason to have two stores that have the same priced and apps.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I'm hoping they tie in their Mp3 store, which I love alot more than iTunes , and create a music manager and then possible down the road tie in their Amazon VOD all tied into your Android device through the cloud.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
Nookbegin
Nookbegin began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Help with installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Already got it working on my Nook Color - and despite the requirement to be signed in to Amazon it doesn't require a constant network connection to use the apps.
How did you get it to work on your Nook. I keep getting an error stating the .apk file is not supported.
Nookbegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #10
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookbegin View Post
How did you get it to work on your Nook. I keep getting an error stating the .apk file is not supported.
Here's exactly what I did to get the App store to work:

I went into Nook Tools and verified that allow non-market apps was checked.

I then went to http://amzn.to/gettappstore in my browser (DolphinHD). Please, note that it won't install from within the browser.

I opened Astro File Manager, navigated to my download folder and double-tapped the app. The option to install came up, I installed the app, logged into my Amazon acc't and it worked.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
They want a credit card for a free app just like their Kindle app wants a credit card for a free book.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #12
Lemurion
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
They want a credit card for a free app just like their Kindle app wants a credit card for a free book.
I noticed that, too - but it's to establish proof of residency more than anything.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #13
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Just got this email...

http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b/...ode=2350149011

Whoop! Whoop! Just downloaded and installed on both my DroidX and Xoom!

Last edited by kennyc; 03-22-2011 at 03:55 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
Lemurion
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I think they've been sending it out all day - I got it a few hours ago.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Just got this email...

http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b/...ode=2350149011

Whoop! Whoop! Just downloaded and installed on both my DroidX and Xoom!
Hmmm.....not available outside the US apparently.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote