Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #16
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm an uncredited member. I sponge off their free and low price stuff.
What is an uncredited member? My account expires in January and I have to notify them after the last payment or they will continue the contract.

Is that the $9.95 a year they mentioned?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #17
semillon
Enthusiast
semillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdomsemillon is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
What is an uncredited member? My account expires in January and I have to notify them after the last payment or they will continue the contract.

When you go to cancel your membership, you will be led through several screens. First, you will be asked why you want to cancel. Then you will be offered a discounted monthly membership. If you decline that, they will offer you a plan for $9.95/yr that gives you no credits or membership discount, but does allow you to keep your current credits and gain access to the subscriber only sales (like the one in this thread). The $9.95/ yr plan is called audible listener light; you can only access it by canceling a regular plan.
semillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semillon View Post
When you go to cancel your membership, you will be led through several screens. First, you will be asked why you want to cancel. Then you will be offered a discounted monthly membership. If you decline that, they will offer you a plan for $9.95/yr that gives you no credits or membership discount, but does allow you to keep your current credits and gain access to the subscriber only sales (like the one in this thread). The $9.95/ yr plan is called audible listener light; you can only access it by canceling a regular plan.
Thanks! Do you have audible listener light?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I can't imagine giving up my Audible Platinum Membership. I love my audiobooks too much!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

Quote:
I was kinda joking with the "uncredited member" bit, because I don't get credits.

I had a Gold Plan, but I cancelled it last Dec. Audible automatically converted it to a Basic Plan. That plan is no longer available and was replaced with the Light Plan. The only difference I'm aware of between the two plans, is the membership fee. Light Plan is $9.95/ year and Basic Plan is free.

I don't know what would happen if you cancelled your current plan and declined the Light Plan. Would you still be eligible for the free books?

Quote:
AudibleListener Light Plan. The AudibleListener Light Plan is available only on an annual basis and only to Gold and Platinum Members who want to downgrade their plan type. AudibleListener Light Plan members do not receive membership credits but a Gold or Platinum Member converting to the AudibleListener Light Plan may have AudibleListener Rollover Credits that they can rollover when they downgrade. Audible will charge members who downgrade to the AudibleListener Light Plan the yearly plan fee each year on the yearly renewal date.
Quote:
Basic Membership Plan. The Basic Membership Plan is available only to existing Basic Members. The Basic Membership is no longer available to new or Gold and Platinum AudibleListener Members. Any changes to the Basic Membership Plan will be communicated to existing Basic Members by Audible.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #21
new

Quote:
I was kinda joking with the "uncredited member" bit, because I don't get credits.

I had a Gold Plan, but I cancelled it last Dec. Audible automatically converted it to a Basic Plan. That plan is no longer available and was replaced with the Light Plan. The only difference I'm aware of between the two plans, is the membership fee. Light Plan is $9.95/ year and Basic Plan is free.

I don't know what would happen if you cancelled your current plan and declined the Light Plan. Would you still be eligible for the free books?
I don't know I was told I could put it on pause for a couple of months (no fee) and resume Gold, or cancel and pay $9.95 year. Not sure what I want to do. I really don't like .aax. I do like the audible player on the SMP5, sleep timer and everything.

It is my hubby that doesn't like paying $14.95 monthly for an audiobook. He doesn't listen to them. I got an Ipod Touch last year and Amazon had $100 off if you signed up for Audible. No deals like that this year that I saw.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #22
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
I haven't had a "plan" in several years, and some things you can get while others you cannot. I've never had a hard time downloading "freebies" I've found or others have alerted me to. I was able to participate in the $10 for 4 promo last month. I even got the "Hunger Games" for $5.95 earlier this year (KSO promo). I cannot use the 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 credits (obviously), and I've never been able to take advantage of any of the $4.95 sales listed here.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I don't know I was told I could put it on pause for a couple of months (no fee) and resume Gold, or cancel and pay $9.95 year. Not sure what I want to do. I really don't like .aax. I do like the audible player on the SMP5, sleep timer and everything.

It is my hubby that doesn't like paying $14.95 monthly for an audiobook. He doesn't listen to them. I got an Ipod Touch last year and Amazon had $100 off if you signed up for Audible. No deals like that this year that I saw.
I prefer to Audible because I can start at any chapter and now with whispersyc for Voice I can sync back and forth. You can't do that with ordinary audo books.

Tell your hubby what I told mine. The average price for a Audiobook book is $25. So you are getting a real good discount plus access to all the sales and deals. You can't beat that if are audiobook fan.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't like paying $14.95 for for one book either. It's one of the reasons why I cancelled after my promo was over.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I haven't had a "plan" in several years, and some things you can get while others you cannot. I've never had a hard time downloading "freebies" I've found or others have alerted me to. I was able to participate in the $10 for 4 promo last month. I even got the "Hunger Games" for $5.95 earlier this year (KSO promo). I cannot use the 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 credits (obviously), and I've never been able to take advantage of any of the $4.95 sales listed here.
That's pretty much me too, except I do qualify for the $4.95, etc sales. We've obviously been grandfathered into older non-paying plans. The key question is, what about current paying members who cancel? Since non-paying plans no longer exist, do these former members qualify for any of the specials if they opt out of the Light Plan?
Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #26
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
That's pretty much me too, except I do qualify for the $4.95, etc sales. We've obviously been grandfathered into older non-paying plans. The key question is, what about current paying members who cancel? Since non-paying plans no longer exist, do these former members qualify for any of the specials if they opt out of the Light Plan?
In Audible, my Membership Plan is listed as "Discontinued," so I don't have the Basic or Light plans. I think my status is the same as anyone who cancels nowdays.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
In Audible, my Membership Plan is listed as "Discontinued," so I don't have the Basic or Light plans. I think my status is the same as anyone who cancels nowdays.
Mine says:
  • Membership Plan: You are currently not enrolled in one of our membership plans
Old 12-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #28
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:

With the Light Plan, do you get the discounted prices on the Whispersync books when you own the Kindle version?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
With the Light Plan, do you get the discounted prices on the Whispersync books when you own the Kindle version?
I get the lower prices, so I would assume so for the Light Plan
Old 12-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #30
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
You don't need any plan for the Whispersync for Voice discounts. You get the discount because you bought the Kindle book.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible