Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-15-2007, 10:49 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Abiword with Registry Installer

I'm attaching my installer for Abiword. For those who aren't familiar with it. Abiword is a document editor similar to Microsoft Word.

Because of no internal refreshes, and relying completely on the hacked libX11, I'm going to call this a beta release. It's usable, but if you want to edit long documents reliably, this port may not be far enough along.

This includes the registry modifications, so that you can open the following extensions directly from the contentlister.
  • abw
  • awt
  • text
  • doc
  • dot
  • wpd
  • wp
  • odt
  • wri
  • mif
  • kwd
  • dbk
  • aw

Abiword will edit RTF as well, but because that format is included in the FBReader installer, I've decided not to overwrite that with Abiword.

This is only for software release 2.11. All other versions will need to upgrade first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	abiword.png
Views:	2351
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	6347  
Attached Files
File Type: zip abiword.zip (6.18 MB, 1715 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
So, you can read ms word documents with it?
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Very nice. Thanks Adam.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:37 AM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGodefroi View Post
So, you can read ms word documents with it?
Yes, read and edit.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:12 AM   #5
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
I installed Abiword successful - but still I cant read docs. Symbol is a cross still.

How can I start Abiword?

Thank you
Olivier

I have 2.11

Last edited by Gogolo; 10-16-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2007, 07:49 AM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

If there's an X on the docs, it didn't install correctly.

Did you unzip and run from the iLiad? Does it say that Abiword has been installed?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #7
Gogolo
Addict

Quote:
and run from the iLiad
Do you mean from internal memory? Ive installed it from SD card.

Yes it says it has been installed and that I shall turn off and on my iLiad, what Iv done several times since then...

I uninstalled Abiword (with the uninstaller) but still there was the message: Abiword has been installed. Shut down...etc.

I had to copy Abiword fresh to the sd card, then I could install it again. But: Same problem

Hmmm
Thanks for your reply
Olivier

Last edited by Gogolo; 10-16-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

SD Card should work just fine.

Has anyone else had success with it?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #9
mac
Enthusiast
mac began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
I install it in sd without problem, but when I try to go to the next page it´s hung .
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #10
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Next page? You mean, when you try to use the pagebar in the document?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #11
mac
Enthusiast

The filp bar or up/down botton.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #12
mac
Enthusiast

Note.- Menus in landscape will be better.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #13
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It installed ok on my CF card, but there are still problems. The flipbar (page-down) does not work, (hangs with blinking computing light). Tapping in the scroll bar (also page down) does not seem to page advance consistently. Under the view tab I was not able to select the zoom arrow. On quit, the save/cancel dialog did not come up until I forced a screen refresh.

By the way, is there a way to force a refresh without bringing up the keyboard? In most apps, clicking in the main windows does this - but not (always) with abiword.

EDIT: I recalled that clicking on the page 1 icon refreshes the screen. Using this often, I was able to select zoom but every page down via clicking in the scrollbar requires a manual screen refresh.

Last edited by wallcraft; 10-16-2007 at 09:36 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:41 AM   #14
lostdeer
lostdeer began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
thank you for the wonderful development!
lostdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #15
Gogolo
Addict

@Adam: Could it be, that when I tried to install previous Abiword, something got wrong?

I just tried to install it by doubleclicking and short a white window appeard (this was Abiword without registry installer).

Should I delete something in _local ?

Thanks for help.
Olivier