Old 11-14-2022, 01:41 AM   #76
harmtemolder
Enthusiast
harmtemolder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphen-ated View Post
Yep, it is
OK, in that case great that it works for you. Unfortunately other device drivers do not allow direct access to the filesystem of the device, so your fix won't work for those. I'm doubting if a feature that only works on some devices should be part of this plugin...
harmtemolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:37 AM   #77
Hyphen-ated
-
Hyphen-ated began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmtemolder View Post
OK, in that case great that it works for you. Unfortunately other device drivers do not allow direct access to the filesystem of the device, so your fix won't work for those. I'm doubting if a feature that only works on some devices should be part of this plugin...
maybe with "(requires your device to be readable like a USB drive)" or something like that in the column description?

it will always be the case that some devices don't support some features. another example is that there are devices with no wifi. it would be silly for calibre developers to say "sorry, we won't support wifi because not every device has wifi", don't you agree?
Hyphen-ated is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2022, 01:09 AM   #78
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphen-ated View Post
maybe with "(requires your device to be readable like a USB drive)" or something like that in the column description?
Good idea. I've added it to the todo list: https://todo.sr.ht/~harmtemolder/kor...ibre-plugin/14
Old 11-21-2022, 05:16 PM   #79
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I've had this thread bookmarked for ages, but have only just installed the plugin - oh frabjous day! Thank you so much for your work on this, it's areal boon. I have a question, and I hope it's not one that I've missed the answer too:

In the Annotations column, the data looks as shown in the screenshot. Is there any way to have just the notes showing, e.g. only the highlight shown in blue, without all the other data?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	koread.png
Views:	1563
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	197907  
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:29 PM   #80
neonfire
Enthusiast
neonfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 11th Gen 2022
Changing this as I got it work work over wireless, but I'm having trouble using the Reading status. I added a text column. I have books open in KoReader. It doesn't add anything when I sync.

Edit: I "finished" a book and it updated the column as "complete" so I guess that's that.

Last edited by neonfire; 11-24-2022 at 10:10 PM.
neonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2022, 09:52 PM   #81
neonfire
Enthusiast

Idea request: get a backup of KoReader settings on sync
Old 11-28-2022, 01:20 AM   #82
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
In the Annotations column, the data looks as shown in the screenshot. Is there any way to have just the notes showing, e.g. only the highlight shown in blue, without all the other data?
Did you map "Bookmarks column" to that column? Because it looks more like the "Raw sidecar column". The bookmarks column will look like this:

Code:
- in CHAPTER VI. Pig and Pepper <!-- datetime: 2020-11-16 18:52:11, page: /body/DocFragment[8]/body/div/h2/text()[1].0, chapter: CHAPTER VI. Pig and Pepper -->

- “You!” said the Caterpillar contemptuously. “Who are you?” <!-- text: Higlight with note: Page 48 “You!” said the Caterpillar contemptuously. “Who are you?” @ 2020-11-16 18:51:04, page: /body/DocFragment[7]/body/div/p[12]/text()[1].0, chapter: CHAPTER V. Advice from a Caterpillar, highlighted: True, datetime: 2020-11-16 18:51:04, pos0: /body/DocFragment[7]/body/div/p[12]/text()[1].0, pos1: /body/DocFragment[7]/body/div/p[12]/text()[2].1 -->
Still with some metadata, but easier to filter because it's wrapped in an HTML comment.

I do have an open TODO to add an option to customize the way these highlights are formatted, but haven't gotten around to it: https://todo.sr.ht/~harmtemolder/kor...libre-plugin/3
Old 11-28-2022, 01:21 AM   #83
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonfire View Post
Changing this as I got it work work over wireless, but I'm having trouble using the Reading status. I added a text column. I have books open in KoReader. It doesn't add anything when I sync.
That's a KOReader thing: it doesn't actually update the status until you complete a book. See the discussion above (around #66)
Old 11-28-2022, 01:23 AM   #84
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Quote:
Idea request: get a backup of KoReader settings on sync
Sounds interesting, but where would you store them? How do they relate to Calibre, for example?
Old 11-28-2022, 07:55 PM   #85
neonfire
Enthusiast

Quote:
Sounds interesting, but where would you store them? How do they relate to Calibre, for example?
TBH, I have no idea, idk if you could make a folder in the library and just have the files there. afaik the only way to back up those settings is to plug in the device, but that would be the only reason I need to plug it in. Or use the ssh settings and ftp into it and pull them.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:56 PM   #86
neonfire
Enthusiast

Quote:
That's a KOReader thing: it doesn't actually update the status until you complete a book. See the discussion above (around #66)
Could it be translated to a boolean value so you could just have a checkmark for completed books?
Old 12-02-2022, 01:49 AM   #87
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Quote:
Could it be translated to a boolean value so you could just have a checkmark for completed books?
That is something you could do with Calibre's template functions. I created one to use a book's progress instead to show 3 different states: unopened, unfinished and finished. See my code here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=66
Old 12-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #88
lightmaster
lightmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4 10th gen; Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
That is something you could do with Calibre's template functions. I created one to use a book's progress instead to show 3 different states: unopened, unfinished and finished. See my code here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=66
I figured out how to add a template function and how to call it from a column, but how do you pass another column as an argument to the function?
lightmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 06:33 AM   #89
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Did you map "Bookmarks column" to that column? Because it looks more like the "Raw sidecar column"

Thanks, that fixed it!
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 07:20 AM   #90
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
I dont know if the maintainer still maintains the plugin or if its dead, so i decied to make the following things:
I found an error in koreader sync - Percent read (float) was wrong:
A book completely read was shown in the percent read column with 1%, therefore when read 46%, it was shown as 0.46.
So i changed the relevant line in action.py.
Next i wanted to get an own column #read which shows the reading status as "true/false", so i added a new column setting bool to achieve this.
All changed things are commented inside the relevant files and inside readme.md.
To make it complete i changed the version from 0.4.1 to 0.4.2.
The changes work as expected, so its a "do what you want, but dont ask"-thing...

If you cannot add the plugin, unzip it, change via terminal inside the unzipped folder and add the plugin via
calibre-customize -b .

(Dont forget the dot at the end of the command!) You should get a
Plugin updated: KOReader Sync (0, 4, 2)
Attached Files
File Type: zip KOReader Sync.zip (140.2 KB, 87 views)
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, koreader