Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Kobo Desktop Stuck in a Update Loop

The Kobo Desktop program seem to be stuck getting the same program updates.

I would open the Kobo program, a window pops up stating there is an update available.

I download and install the update, I open Kobo again and I get the same message saying there is an update available.

I even download the installatiion file directly from the Kobo website with the same results.

Are there any fix for this?
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:38 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
The Kobo Desktop program seem to be stuck getting the same program updates.

I would open the Kobo program, a window pops up stating there is an update available.

I download and install the update, I open Kobo again and I get the same message saying there is an update available.

I even download the installatiion file directly from the Kobo website with the same results.

Are there any fix for this?
I'd suggest uninstalling the Kobo Desktop application, deleting the Kobo directory from either Program Files (32 bit system) or Program Files (x86) (64 bit system) (if it survived the uninstall) and then deleting the Kobo directory from the <username>\Appdata\Local directory (enter %localappdata in the run box after hitting Windows-R). Restart your computer and retry the install.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2017, 03:10 AM   #3
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Uninstalling the Kobo Desktop Application seem to work for me.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote