Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
ignorant question on micro sd card use

I got myself two cards, one for the PB360, one for the PB903: my first question is, can I put books on the card (by using the card reader on my laptop) and then move the card to the reader, or should I only transfer files on the card once it is inside the reader?

And the second question: if I put books in one card on one device, can I move it to the other device without disruption (I gues for ADE files it may be a problem, but let us assume there aren't any for the moment).

Many thanks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Paola, yes, you can transfer files using the card reader on your laptop and afterwards move the card into the reader. That's one of the advantages of the devices that have a sd card slot - you have an additional possibility of loading files.

I don't know if I understand your second question right: do you mean you want to exchange the cards while your devices are on? I have my doubts if this will work out properly, I would assume (but I don't know) that the system is reading the sd card more or less constantly.
If the devices are off: it's no problem to change the sd card. Maybe the reader will need some time to reorganise the library and you will find no books unter latest reads, but that should be all.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks Billi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
If the devices are off: it's no problem to change the sd card. Maybe the reader will need some time to reorganise the library and you will find no books unter latest reads, but that should be all.
yep, this is what I meant, thanks a lot!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote