Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #46
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Erm, It is basically the same price as the Ipad, with more features, and better hardware. How is it pricey?

I got the $600 version and it pratically flawless so far. Only thing is flash support which is coming in the next 2 to 3 weeks. The MicroSd is not that big of an issue yet, since I doubt someone is going to fill their tablet with 32 gigs of crap in 2 days.

The $800 with month to month is only what 70 dollars more than the Ipad? and the Ipad doesn't have a camera, a dual core proccesser, usb port, hdmi cable, and more?

I know this is an E-reader forum, but it is not as expensive as some people make it to be.

Also from what I am hearing from all the Verizon stores in Philadelphia, it is selling out quick. I was lucky and called right when they got a shipment in Friday.

All I have to say is this is what I been waiting for in a tablet.

It is getting a lot of favorable reviews, and really is a great device.

O one more thing, the thing is fast as hell.

Last edited by rock; 02-26-2011 at 09:16 AM.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #47
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Just came from Verizon...

Just came from Verizon...

Like it but...

-SD does not work yet
-Feels heavier than iPad
-Call me crazy, but there was an iPad at right side and icons and screen looks sharper, no idea why. Specs says Motorola Xoom should have better resolution. Maybe the blue theme?
-I was not able to find or use dictionary with Google reader. The sales guy did not find it either

Kindle was not registered so I was not able to check ...

I think that they rushed this on the market. 6 months or so will give you a more solid device: more apps, all hardware fully functional, less software glitches.

Like it a lot. .... But... But ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #48
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
thanks jocampo...I was temped again today myself, but fought it off once more....I think you are right.....best to wait just a bit...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #49
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
thanks jocampo...I was temped again today myself, but fought it off once more....I think you are right.....best to wait just a bit...
Yeah, wait a bit , you won't regret it! Thats my advice, even a month or two.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote