Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Bic
Connoisseur
Bic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it isBic knows what time it is

Device: Kindle or Sony
Kindle wifi sold out

As of Dec 18, no Kindle wifi -- sold out. I guess the Color Nook and iPad didn't hurt sales too much!
Bic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
screwballl
NewKindler
screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
Where did you see that? I just checked the amazon site and it says expected delivery Dec 24 or later.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It is out of stock, but if you order now it should get delivered on the 24th.

Amazon's US home page (for me) is only advertising the Kindle 3G, which is in stock and "still available in time for Christmas".
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
sterling1989
sterling1989 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
Sold Out

3 to 5 days wait before shipping. It will not arrive before Christmas.

I'm actually surprised the supply lasted this long. My friend who works for Amazon told me a few weeks ago they were barely keeping ahead with them. They would get a shipment in and within hours they were all shipped out to customers. He did say as well that the Wi-Fi was outselling the 3G like 2 or 3 to 1. At least at his distribution center.
sterling1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Both WiFi and 3G+WiFi models still available in the UK - need to pay a bit extra for expedited shipping to get them in time for Christmas. Mind you, with the current weather conditions here in the UK, the question will be whether the courier vans can actually get out to deliver all orders in time for Christmas!
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I just got home from Target. They had a few in the case. I didn't look close at the boxes to see if they were the 3G or just Wi-Fi versions.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I just got home from Target. They had a few in the case. I didn't look close at the boxes to see if they were the 3G or just Wi-Fi versions.
Last week, the first Target I went to was freshly depleted. Thankfully, a department employee was able to use his hand-held scanner / inventory gizmo and tell me that the Target store 10 miles away still had 8 of them as of that morning. What a relief!

On the other hand, waiting until the 25th to open the box is proving to be near the threshold of how much anticipation I can handle.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:45 AM   #8
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silasgreenback View Post
On the other hand, waiting until the 25th to open the box is proving to be near the threshold of how much anticipation I can handle.
Good luck with that!

Congrats on your new Kindle.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:53 AM   #9
baiyun
baiyun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Haha..lucky I ordered mine early. Just arrived 1 week ago..
Compared to my old Hanlin, it's definitely more responsive.
I like it.

http://baiyunmanor.com/blog/gadgets/...azon-kindle-3/
baiyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
Bought one at Target the other day. The Wifi was the only Kindle the one I went to had left...

However, if you go to target.com, they do show you if your local Target has them in stock or not.
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
They seem to be making a killing in sales this season. I wonder, when will they ever announce their sales numbers. Perhaps Bezos has a number in mind to be reached when he breaks the silence.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #12
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
But it doesn't have a touch screen and it doesn't read EPub and you are locked into Amazon's store. It is evil. Evil I tell you...

(rolls her eyes)

I lov emy Kindle and I am thrilled to see them selling out. It looks like the international shipment finally arrive at Amazon because those were out for a while.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I ordered a new K3 wi-fi from amazon.co.uk last week to replace the one that got stolen the previous weekend. I am told my new one should arrive by 24th.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #14
dengar
Connoisseur
dengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with others

Device: PW2, K3, Ipad 4, Kindle Fire
I bought mine at Target a month ago. I couldnt wait for Xmas LOL!
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #15
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Interesting. Usually the Amazon.com page comes up with the $139 K3 wifi prominently displayed. Now they show the $189 K3 3G version with a link to the available (after 12/24) K3 wifi version.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote