Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
Rusherman
Rusherman began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre ebook reader
How to bulk add the same book cover

Is it possible to select a number of books and add the same cover to them all at one time. I have to do this fairly often and I am doing it one at a time now.

I think I managed to add a cover to a number of books at one time through metadata but I may not be right.

If it is possible to do I could do with a pointer on it.
Rusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusherman View Post
Is it possible to select a number of books and add the same cover to them all at one time. I have to do this fairly often and I am doing it one at a time now.

I think I managed to add a cover to a number of books at one time through metadata but I may not be right.

If it is possible to do I could do with a pointer on it.
I don't think you can do that in 'vanilla' Calibre. Bulk metadata edit will only let you do three things: Add a default Caibre cover, remove the cover, or set it from the cover inside the ebook file itself. You can't set it from an image file,

The 'Generate Cover' plugin looks like it will do what you want, though.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:26 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
The 'Generate Cover' plugin looks like it will do what you want, though.
- I use it a lot on multiple books - works great

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
Rusherman
Rusherman began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre ebook reader
Thank you both. I have tried Generate Cover and it works well. I was hoping for a simpler on the fly paste into method but that does not seem possible. When the jobs are large enough to warrant it I will use the Generate Cover method.
Rusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Rusherman - if you drag/drop an image, e..g. from your desktop, into book details then it will be that books 'cover', and that can be repeated for multiple books

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover page