Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-07-2021, 05:10 AM   #1
coleder
coleder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Q: How to create Wifi AP with Android 10 on Onyx Boox?

I would like to access a WebDAV server app on my Max Lumi to upload new documents, but the Max Lumi cannot connect to the existing Wifi in the building. So I would like to create a Wifi Access Point on the Boox device. I have not found the normal Android UI elements for doing this in the settings UI.

Is it possible to do it on the UI level? If not, does someone know an app for doing this?
coleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:20 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man catched my iLiad.
yokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with others

Device: 1st gen iRex iLiad with 2nd ed. battery/case
Using stock android settings should do the trick. Use the app Hidden Settings or Dev Tools to start these settings.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2021, 05:22 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Suspended
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 5, Likebook 4, Tolino 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleder View Post
I would like to access a WebDAV server app on my Max Lumi to upload new documents, but the Max Lumi cannot connect to the existing Wifi in the building. So I would like to create a Wifi Access Point on the Boox device. I have not found the normal Android UI elements for doing this in the settings UI.

Is it possible to do it on the UI level? If not, does someone know an app for doing this?
How is that supposed to work?
Boox devices cannot do mobile connect.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:28 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man catched my iLiad.
yokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with others

Device: 1st gen iRex iLiad with 2nd ed. battery/case
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
How is that supposed to work?
Boox devices cannot do mobile connect.
You can create a wifi Hotspot without mobile connection. Miracast screen sharing is a Hotspot too.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:35 AM   #5
coleder
coleder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Using stock android settings should do the trick. Use the app Hidden Settings or Dev Tools to start these settings.
you don't happen to have a link to an open source app for that (e.g. github)?
There are so many hidden settings app that half of them are probably malware infested...
coleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2021, 07:50 AM   #6
Renate
Connoisseur
Renate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
If you just want to try it (or don't need to enable/disable it often).
Code:
adb shell am start -n com.android.settings/.TetherSettings
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote