Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-30-2021, 11:38 AM   #1
olbeggaols
Enthusiast
olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max Lumi/Kobo Forma/Kindle Paperwhite
Unusual use for ReMarkable

Hello,

This is a post really to show that I am a good guy.

I have just ordered a ReMarkable e-reader, and have come up with a use which is not likely to have been mentioned before and likely to apply to 2 or three people in the world, at least.

This is the way it will make proofreading text OCR converted from a PDF to be used in html and txt documents much easier than having the PDF open on one screen and reading against it from another. Much more like reading from a book flat on the desk, looking at the text on a screen. Further, for people with failing vision like myself, the size of the type can be increased. (so I hear).
olbeggaols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #2
olbeggaols
Enthusiast
olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max Lumi/Kobo Forma/Kindle Paperwhite
Follow-up

Reality strikes. I have now got and set up my reMarkable. The use described/hoped for in the above post turns out to be unworkable as the size in the reMarkable is not adjustable beyond LARGE, which is not large compared to what can be done on the PC monitor.
olbeggaols is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert