Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-11-2021, 09:41 PM   #16
binaryhermit
Wizard
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, so-called "All-New Kindle" (AKA 10th gen)
That's probably a better way to put it, I apologize (probably even though I really don't need to).
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:15 AM   #17
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
That's probably a better way to put it, I apologize (probably even though I really don't need to).
Damn right. People know from habit when one is being subjective on a forum. Happy Reading.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2021, 07:30 PM   #18
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
I'm looking forward to this reimagining of Gatsby!
What about Jay Gatsby, Vampire?

https://www.cnet.com/news/vampire-gr...s-undead-spin/

Quote:

The famous novel's now officially in the public domain, which means new editions are on the way, including a graphic novel and a horror adaptation.
Quote:

The original Great Gatsby takes place during the Jazz Age in New York City and tells the tragic story of self-made millionaire Jay Gatsby and his romantic pursuit of a wealthy young woman named Daisy Buchanan whom he was in love with in his youth. In the new book The Great Gatsby Undead, the characters are the same, only creepier.

"Nick Carraway meets his mysterious neighbor, Jay Gatsby. Gatsby doesn't seem to eat anything and has an aversion to silver, garlic and the sun, but good friends are hard to come by. Especially an interesting millionaire like Gatsby," The Great Gatsby Undead book description reads.

"When Gatsby asks Nick to help catch a murderer, Nick just can't say no. And, of course, Nick agrees to set up a tea date for his cousin Daisy and Gatsby. It's harmless to reunite two old friends, until Nick realizes the truth he's known, deep down, the entire time. Jay Gatsby is a vampire."
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:33 PM   #19
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
This is what is known as a non-apology.

You can't apologize and not apologize at the same time.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:11 AM   #20
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
This is what is known as a non-apology.

You can't apologize and not apologize at the same time.
Sure you can, politicians do it all the time.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2021, 07:54 PM   #21
binaryhermit
Wizard
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, so-called "All-New Kindle" (AKA 10th gen)
Fair enough.

But I'm probably the type who'd apologize to someone who punched me in the face because my face got in the way of their fist
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:14 AM   #22
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Fair enough.

But I'm probably the type who'd apologize to someone who punched me in the face because my face got in the way of their fist
Or because you attacked his fist with your face.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote