Notices

Old 01-06-2021, 04:33 AM   #886
samlegacy
samlegacy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Check
Please ignore this message as it is working now. Thankyou again.
samlegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:47 AM   #887
JulyW
JulyW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara HD
Hello !

I'm desperately looking for a spanish-french dictionary but I don't even know where to get free stardict files ? (It seems Babylon doesn't offer free dictionaries anymore).
Where do you find your dictionaries before converting them ?

Thank you !
JulyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2021, 02:14 PM   #888
JulyW
JulyW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara HD
Nevermind, I FINALLY found one, I'll add it here in case it interests someone else !
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-es-fr.zip (194.5 KB, 163 views)
JulyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:55 AM   #889
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samlegacy View Post
I'm running into problems converting a fictionary for Dune provided by thefictionary.net. Could anyone help me convert this Stardict? Thanks for any assistance or advice.
I'm curious of these fictionaries! How they work, how do I use them, do I put them in the usual folder for dictionaries? and can I have more than one installed at the same time?
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #890
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number9 View Post
I'm curious of these fictionaries! How they work, how do I use them, do I put them in the usual folder for dictionaries? and can I have more than one installed at the same time?

The work as normal dictionaries. You can have more at the same time.
They give specific info about names, places, thigs of the respective novel/fiction you are reading
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2021, 03:47 PM   #891
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello guys!

After a desperate search I've finally found an English-Hindi database with a right range of entries. Many thanks to DrJD that provided the database and willfully and patiently did the several testing steps.

The database came in a complex and raw status. That asked me the regex skills I got in these last 4 years, without which it could have been impossible complete it.

It needs the patch Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta enabled with a unicode font; for example CODE2000 (or at least one that include the hindi characters. Otherwise several characters will not be shown using the dictionary)

This one too I equipped with inflections and IPA phonetics. So:

English-Hindi dictionary

wordcount = 112655
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-hi.zip (2.72 MB, 144 views)

Last edited by Owl_; 01-30-2021 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:30 AM   #892
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Hello guys!

After a desperate search I've finally found an English-Hindi database with a right range of entries. Many thanks to DrJD that provided the database and willfully and patiently did the several testing steps.

The database came in a complex and raw status. That asked me the regex skills I got in these last 4 years, without which it could have been impossible complete it.

It needs the patch Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta enabled with a unicode font; for example CODE2000 (or at least one that include the hindi characters. Otherwise several characters will not be shown using the dictionary)

This one too I equipped with inflections and IPA phonetics. So:

English-Hindi dictionary

wordcount = 112655
Entire credit goes to you!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:46 AM   #893
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The work as normal dictionaries. You can have more at the same time.
They give specific info about names, places, thigs of the respective novel/fiction you are reading
Ah, cool! But if I want to have more than one, they need to be renamed right? Thay can't all be named in dicthml.zip right?
Old 01-11-2021, 02:19 PM   #894
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Yes, with the new firmware you can copy them also in the custom dictionaries' folder, to avoid to be automatically replaced with the kobo's ones
Old 01-12-2021, 07:05 AM   #895
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast
ICDeadPpl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Yes, with the new firmware you can copy them also in the custom dictionaries' folder, to avoid to be automatically replaced with the kobo's ones
Where can I read more about this method?
I'm thinking about folder name & location, file/language names and so on.
ICDeadPpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:30 AM   #896
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Copy it in the kobo/custom folder your ereader
Old 01-13-2021, 06:12 AM   #897
Number9
Dude

Quote:
Copy it in the kobo/custom folder your ereader
That is understood, but I have to rename them, no?
Old 01-13-2021, 11:51 AM   #898
giododa
Connoisseur
giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=845
giododa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:03 PM   #899
Number9
Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by giododa View Post
Perfect! Thank you! 😊
Old 01-15-2021, 08:30 AM   #900
BenSF
BenSF began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Check, please
dicthtml-en-ro
I converted BGL -> stardict (pyglossary) ->Kobo (penelope)
The file is no longer available
BenSF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries