Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-08-2021, 05:52 PM   #5911
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackomb View Post
You have Browser_cache_path instead of browser_cache_path. Unrelated to current problem.

I don't know exactly what was going wrong, but this works for me:
Spoiler:
Code:
[www.archiveofourown.org] 

use_view_full_work:true 

add_to_extra_valid_entries:,ships2chars,relationships,crossovers
include_in_ships2chars:ships
include_in_relationships:ships
include_in_crossovers:genre

## Tells which tags from the site to include in calibre
include_subject_tags:extratags
include_in_characters:characters,ships2chars
include_in_genre:freeformtags, ao3categories,crossovers
include_in_category:fandoms

add_to_replace_metadata:
 ships2chars=>[ ]*/[ ]*=>/
 ships2chars=>[ ]*&[ ]*=>/
 ships2chars=>([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/(.+)=>\1\,\2\,\3\,\4
 ships2chars=>([^/]+)/([^/]+)/(.+)=>\1\,\2\,\3
 ships2chars=>([^/]+)/(.+)=>\1\,\2
 genre,category,characters=> & =>/
 genre,category,characters=>&=>/ 
 ships,genre,category,characters=> \| =>/

add_to_include_subject_tags:,tagsfromtitle.SPLIT

## Tells which tags from the site to include on the titlepage
titlepage_entries: series,category,genre,characters,status,datePublished,dateUpdated,rating,numChapters,numWords,site,description,ships2chars,relationships,crossovers

## Tells which tags goes to which customs column
custom_columns_settings:
 genre=>#genre,a
 category=>#show,a
 crossovers=>#show,a
 crossovers=>#crossover,a
 characters=>#m_char,a
 relationships=>#m_pair,a

## Excludes entire tags before being processed further
exclude_metadata_pre:
 freeformtags,genre==Other Additional Tags to Be Added
 warnings==Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
 warnings==No Archive Warnings Apply

include_metadata_post:
 crossovers=>Crossover

replace_metadata:
 genre=>^Minor crossover with Private Practice characters=>Crossover.Private Practice
 genre=>^Minor crossover with Grey's Anatomy character=>Crossover.Grey's Anatomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyla View Post
Hi, I've tried downloading fics from spikeluver.com but all I get is: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'a'

Example fic: https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/v...y.php?sid=1424
I'm not seeing this problem. Are you using an old version? There was a change back in January for that site.

FYI, I have limited free time until mid-next week; expect slow responses.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 02:18 AM   #5912
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Question:

I run from source and noticed this in console:

Code:
FFF: DEBUG: 2021-05-09 03:15:16,091: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(2324): No metadata value for "N", setting custom column(#read) literally to N.
Is that expected?

Also, aside from watching the console, is there any way to see what chapter a job is currently on?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-09-2021 at 02:39 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:44 AM   #5913
Xyla
Xyla began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I'm not seeing this problem. Are you using an old version? There was a change back in January for that site.
No, I'm using the latest test version.
Xyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:47 AM   #5914
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question:

I run from source and noticed this in console:

Code:
FFF: DEBUG: 2021-05-09 03:15:16,091: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(2324): No metadata value for "N", setting custom column(#read) literally to N.
Is that expected?

Also, aside from watching the console, is there any way to see what chapter a job is currently on?
Yes. Debug output is sporadic and generally whatever I wanted at the time. --and sometimes it hangs around for a long time if it never bothers me again.

No.

Quote:
No, I'm using the latest test version.
Then I will need to see a debug log (restart Calibre under debug, Calibre Preferences drop down) to error to get any farther with it.
Old 05-09-2021, 03:36 PM   #5915
Zerubel
Customization Addict
Zerubel began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Okay, I'm back with a new question (and despite my claims to learn regex escape terms, I haven't really touched that yet oops)
I found that there's an option... somewhere... to ignore author's notes. Didn't see it in personal.ini but I might have to add it in. The question starts from the point where i don't really mind MOST author's notes, but would like to exclude author's notes from a specific work(s)... but I'm using the Anthology feature with epubmerge to download the entire series as a single work from the ao3 series url.

https://archiveofourown.org/series/1002138

what exactly would i need to add in to personal.ini to achieve this?

(I love her writing but she includes a chapter's worth of observations and rationalizations for what she does at the end of each chapter, and i'd rather just have an uninterrupted reading experience with my own takeaways. other authors notes are fine)
Zerubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:44 PM   #5916
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's the usual code.

Code:
## AO3 chapters can include several different types of notes.  We've
## traditionally included them all in the chapter text, but this allows
## you to customize which you include.  Copy this parameter to your
## personal.ini and list the ones you don't want.
exclude_notes:authorheadnotes,chaptersummary,chapterheadnotes,chapterfootnotes,authorfootnotes,inspiredlinks
This should work, but would be very annoying:

Code:
[https://archiveofourown.org/works/14381811]
exclude_notes:chapterheadnotes,chapterfootnotes

[https://archiveofourown.org/works/14406543]

[https://archiveofourown.org/works/15646287]
and so forth...

You can try putting it under a section for the series, but I am unsure if it works for that or only story URLs:

Code:
[https://archiveofourown.org/series/1002138]
Personally, I'd just do this:

Code:
[defaults]
## Uncomment the next line when updating that specific anthology. Re-comment it afterwards.
##exclude_notes:chapterheadnotes,chapterfootnotes

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-09-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:30 PM   #5917
ackomb
Enthusiast
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Device: i-pad
Quote:
You have Browser_cache_path instead of browser_cache_path. Unrelated to current problem.

I don't know exactly what was going wrong, but this works for me:
Hi Jimm

First of all thank you for catching that browser thingy, that was another problem on my to do list if FanFiction.net was on the fritz again.

As for the other issue, I think I figured out what happened and thought I would share just in case. In my previous message I stripped some of my replace metadata that I thought would not be of any influence. However I figured I'm wrong. See there is this tag, where I replace the metadata creating these separate tags. One for the Crossover and one that just says Romance. Calibre separates these 2 on the comma so I won't see anything. But I think in FFF the line remains unseparated until the end, which is why they both show up in my custom column since both are in the same line while running FanFicfare. If that makes any sense.

For example:
Code:
genre=>Romantic Crossover Grey's Anatomy$=>Crossover.Grey's Anatomy Universe, Romance
genre=>Action based story$=>Action
Using the first line, both the Crossover and Romance show up however the second line doesn't.

It's probably an illusion thinking I can get this to work the way I want, but if anyone has any ideas. I'm up for trying.
ackomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:14 PM   #5918
Zerubel
Customization Addict
Zerubel began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Here's the usual code.

Code:
## AO3 chapters can include several different types of notes.  We've
## traditionally included them all in the chapter text, but this allows
## you to customize which you include.  Copy this parameter to your
## personal.ini and list the ones you don't want.
exclude_notes:authorheadnotes,chaptersummary,chapterheadnotes,chapterfootnotes,authorfootnotes,inspiredlinks

Code:
[https://archiveofourown.org/works/14381811]

[https://archiveofourown.org/works/14406543]

[https://archiveofourown.org/works/15646287]
and so forth...

You can try putting it under a section for the series, but I am unsure if it works for that or only story URLs:

Code:
[https://archiveofourown.org/series/1002138]
Personally, I'd just do this:

Code:
[defaults]
## Uncomment the next line when updating that specific anthology. Re-comment it afterwards.
##exclude_notes:chapterheadnotes,chapterfootnotes
oh thank you! I think i might still be doing something wrong, though - neither series or individual url seems to work - the code turns 'purple' and also turned some of my other tag replacement code purple. When i took it back out, they went back to blue/green.
Zerubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:06 PM   #5919
ownedbycats
Wizard

Turning purple is normal. Put them at the bottom of your personal.ini.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:41 AM   #5920
Xyla

Quote:
Then I will need to see a debug log (restart Calibre under debug, Calibre Preferences drop down) to error to get any farther with it.
Spoiler:

FFF: DEBUG: 2021-05-10 12:35:31,855: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(221): Plugin FanFicFare macmenuhack file_path:/Users/username/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
QLayout::addChildLayout: layout "" already has a parent
calibre Debug log
calibre 2.85.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '17.7.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Fri Oct 30 13:34:27 PDT 2020; root:xnu-4570.71.82.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.11
OSX: ('10.13.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: FanFicFare (3, 29, 0)
devicePixelRatio: 2.0
logicalDpi: 72.0 x 72.0
physicalDpi: 129.000001937 x 129.000001937
Starting up...
DEPRECATION: The OpenSSL being used by this python install (OpenSSL 1.0.2f 28 Jan 2016) does not meet the minimum supported version (>= OpenSSL 1.1.1) in order to support TLS 1.3 required by Cloudflare, You may encounter an unexpected Captcha or cloudflare 1020 blocks.
Loaded cached store plugin for: Virtualo at version: 10
Loaded cached store plugin for: Project Gutenberg at version: 6
Loaded cached store plugin for: eBooks.com at version: 3
Loaded cached store plugin for: Amazon UK Kindle at version: 15
Loaded cached store plugin for: XinXii at version: 2
Loaded cached store plugin for: Google Books at version: 6
Loaded cached store plugin for: ebook.de at version: 5
Loaded cached store plugin for: Publio at version: 9
Loaded cached store plugin for: Amazon FR Kindle at version: 15
Loaded cached store plugin for: Amazon IN Kindle at version: 5
Loaded cached store plugin for: Smashwords at version: 5
Loaded cached store plugin for: Amazon IT Kindle at version: 15
Loaded cached store plugin for: Mills and Boon UK at version: 4
Loaded cached store plugin for: Woblink at version: 15
Loaded cached store plugin for: eBook.nl at version: 2
Loaded cached store plugin for: Amazon AU Kindle at version: 5
Loaded cached store plugin for: LitRes at version: 2
Loaded cached store plugin for: Amazon Kindle at version: 17
Loaded cached store plugin for: Kobo at version: 7
Loaded cached store plugin for: Amazon ES Kindle at version: 15
Loaded cached store plugin for: Empik at version: 9
Loaded cached store plugin for: ManyBooks at version: 2
Loaded cached store plugin for: Amazon DE Kindle at version: 15
Loaded cached store plugin for: Amazon CA Kindle at version: 7
Loaded cached store plugin for: Beam EBooks DE at version: 4
Loaded cached store plugin for: Legimi at version: 10
Started up in 4.15 seconds with 1244 books
FFF: DEBUG: 2021-05-10 12:35:54,016: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(1099) : FanFicFare v3.29.0
2021-05-10 12:35:54.162 Calibre[772:9350] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
* Notification delivered.
FFF: DEBUG: 2021-05-10 12:35:54,346: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(1220) : prep_download_loop url:http://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/vi...y.php?sid=1424
FFF: DEBUG: 2021-05-10 12:35:54,388: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1209): #####################################
pagecache(GET) MISS: http://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/vi...d=1424&index=1
FFF: DEBUG: 2021-05-10 12:35:55,106: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1031): Encoding:utf8
FFF: ERROR: 2021-05-10 12:35:55,201: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.dialogs(723): Exception: {u'author': [u'Unknown'], u'good': False, u'status': u'Error', u'uniqueurl': u'http://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=1424[None-None]', u'end': None, u'publisher': None, u'series': u'', u'collision': u'Overwrite if Newer', u'comments': u'', u'author_sort': [u'Unknown'], u'listorder': 0, u'site': 'spikeluver.com', u'title': u'Unknown', u'pubdate': None, u'comment': u"'NoneType' object has no attribute 'a'", u'begin': None, u'showerror': True, u'added': False, u'url': 'http://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=1424', u'calibre_id': None}:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'a'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.dialogs", line 710, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 1305, in prep_download_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 1185, in get_story_metadata_only
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adap ters.base_adapter", line 298, in getStoryMetadataOnly
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adap ters.base_adapter", line 394, in doExtractChapterUrlsAndMetadata
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adap ters.adapter_spikeluvercom", line 89, in extractChapterUrlsAndMetadata
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'a'

Last edited by theducks; 05-10-2021 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spoilered
Old 05-10-2021, 03:00 PM   #5921
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerubel View Post
I found that there's an option... somewhere... to ignore author's notes. Didn't see it in personal.ini but I might have to add it in. The question starts from the point where i don't really mind MOST author's notes, but would like to exclude author's notes from a specific work(s)...
Quote:
You will have to either do a section per story URL or turn it on and off manually as ownedbycats showed. FFF doesn't currently implement sections by series URL or author URL. I've thought of it a couple times, but I'm not sure how difficult that would be, nor how useful.

Individual story URL sections do appear as purple. They're not red because they aren't definitely mistakes, but they are purple because the context highlighter isn't complex enough to cover all possible story URLs and to warn you to be careful.

Quote:
FFF: DEBUG: 2021-05-10 12:35:54,016: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(1099) : FanFicFare v3.29.0
The version you are using is before that was fixed. Update to the latest released or test version of FFF.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:08 PM   #5922
Xyla

Quote:
The version you are using is before that was fixed. Update to the latest released or test version of FFF.
Thank you so much!! I always assumed I was updating by downloading the latest file from the front page lol
Old 05-11-2021, 03:20 PM   #5923
ownedbycats
Wizard

Quote:
I do not believe setting certain category values as "not-crossovers" is as simple as you think it is. You would have to define each set of category values anyway--doing it in regular expression is basically the same thing.
For what it matters, I fixed that little issue with Action Chains. I make a template that checks the items are exactly Crossover, Mass Effect Trilogy, Mass Effect: Andromeda or Crossover, Half-Life, Portal then removes "Crossover." (I have a similar one that handles the tagcategories.)

I still have to fix the title page manually but I can do that when the fanfic's finished.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-11-2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:28 AM   #5924
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2021-05-13
- adapter_bdsmlibrarycom: Set author Anonymous when author not found instead of sys.exit(). Closes #696
Old 05-14-2021, 12:02 AM   #5925
Science Friction
Science Friction began at the beginning.

I'm having much better luck with the cloudflare captcha now. I'm able to download from addresses that were blocked before. I downloaded Basilisk Born (72 chapters, 700+K words) and it looks great, but I don't dare sink into reading it because of other stuff I have to do this week.

Regarding skipping authors' notes: I've sometimes wished for the opposite, namely getting all the reader comments along with the story.

Is there a good place to discuss this kind of fanfic tech stuff, not specific to the FFF plugin or even to FFF itself? I.e. general issues of archiving, metadata collection, etc. Preferably not on one of the big platforms like reddit. Thanks.
Science Friction is offline   Reply With Quote