Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2021, 09:45 PM   #1
AliciaHarv
AliciaHarv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre to Kindle Email...

Has anyone found the correct answer to sending books from calibre to Kindle?

I am using a GMX email account, the test email WORKS, however it is not showing on my kindle device (added GMX email as a safe sender in Amazon account).

HELP
AliciaHarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:58 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
There have been a few posts recently about Amazon deliberately blocking Calibre.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:16 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I've got a GMX email address and every time I use it, I get a verification request from Amazon despite having it listed as an allowed address.

Even sillier is that when I test it, it takes up to 24 hours for the test ebook to be delivered to a Paperwhite but to the Kindle app on one of my iOS devices, it's pretty much immediate.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:18 PM   #4
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon is not specifically blocking emails from Calibre -- they have no idea if an emailed book comes from Calibre or not. Amazon is requiring a separate authorization step for every book emailed from a non-authenticated server such as GMX, because a hacker recently showed that you could do "bad things" by sending a book with embedded malware from a spoofed email address. There should be authorization requests for each book in your GMX inbox.

You can send books without extra auths from a Gmail account or some other email service that uses the proper headers. A few days ago I posted some notes on how to set up Calibre to use Gmail here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...45&postcount=9
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:52 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
Amazon is not specifically blocking emails from Calibre -- they have no idea if an emailed book comes from Calibre or not.
I was going by the post here though I can see how some of the details are lost in communication.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:11 AM   #6
AliciaHarv

Are you able to tell me how you set this up? I have literally followed all - set up GMX, added to safe sender, turned on TLS encryption, test email sends to my email but just nothing shows on kindle aaaah
Old 02-05-2021, 12:12 AM   #7
AliciaHarv

Thanks, it must be my setup, I just cant work it out
Old 02-05-2021, 10:33 AM   #8
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaHarv View Post
Are you able to tell me how you set this up? I have literally followed all - set up GMX, added to safe sender, turned on TLS encryption, test email sends to my email but just nothing shows on kindle aaaah
Login to your GMX account. Do you see emails from Amazon asking you to click on a link to agree that you are the one who sent the books? If you click on those links, do the books show up on your Kindle?

- If you're not getting the emails from Amazon in your GMX inbox, then switch to Gmail.
- If you don't want to have to login to GMX and click on the links every time you send a book, then switch to Gmail. Just make sure the gmail and kindle addresses are different. Amazon will still ask for approval if you try to send a book from AliciaHarv@gmail.com to AliciaHarv@kindle.com so change the Kindle address to something like AHarv91374@kindle.com.

Instructions for setting up Calibre to connect to Gmail are at the link I posted earlier in this thread.
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:43 AM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
No, please people do not switch to gmail. Very little money gets you a private domain and mail box. Google scans all mail in and out.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:22 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you have paid internet service (Cable, Telco, private), you usually get an email account and the ability to use their POP or IMAP mail servers.

I know Sonic, Earthlink(family) gets thru. (Have not tried my Comcast account).
Visit your ISP help page for how to set up standalone email clients (you will need to fill in the corresponding sections in Calibre)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:54 PM   #11
HRR
Enthusiast
HRR began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air & iPad Pro
GMX works fine - check file size

Any time I have had an issue with GMX is has been one of two things. Either GMX has required a password update (VERY seldom), and that fixes things.

Or, more recently, the mobi file I have tried to send exceeds the file size limits of GMX. I don't think you get any message. The file just doesn't go.

The size issue is one for which I have yet to find a fix. Anyone know how to do it? By that I mean, can anyone tell me how to put a mobi file on my iPad, in my Kindle app, when it is too big to send from Calibre through amazon.com to my Kindle app?

Last edited by HRR; 05-11-2021 at 11:28 PM.
HRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, email, kindle