Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-07-2021, 01:33 PM   #4456
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Here is what I see on IOS.

Notice "All devices" under smart home and above lights.

Wow, here's what I see on the Alexa app on Android. Hard to believe it's the same app. Notice all the nothing.
(And, no, "More" just goes back to the setting screen.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210507-132929.png
Views:	12
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	187004  
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:13 PM   #4457
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Wow, here's what I see on the Alexa app on Android. Hard to believe it's the same app. Notice all the nothing.
(And, no, "More" just goes back to the setting screen.)
It looks like you are in "when this happens". I was talking about " add action".
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:36 PM   #4458
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
It looks like you are in "when this happens". I was talking about " add action".
Yup, that's because I completely misread the first post of yours I responded to about this.
So never mind!
Old 05-10-2021, 02:05 PM   #4459
ApK

Some time ago, Amazon announced a feature to prevent the wrong device from responding to voice commands. It was supposed to acoustically determine the nearest of the devices on that account, and only have that one respond. My thought at the time was "That should have been there from the beginning! But, better late than never." It didn't seem to work all that well, for a time I resorted to the unacceptable work-around of changing the wake word on one of my devices. But I figured, well, it's non-trivial tech, so give them time. Eventually it seemed to work better! Then a short while later Alexa started occasionally following up her responses with something like "By the way, I'm trying to get better. Did the correct device respond?" Wow, I thought, that was very cool! Actual work on improvement! Maybe even machine learning! Kudos!
Now, for the last few weeks, I'm back to facing right at my Dot 4, speaking in a quiet conversational voice standing 3 feet from it in my kitchen, and 6 out 10 times, the blue light won't even react, but the Dot 2 in the living room 15 feet behind me, and hidden by a couch cushion me answers immediately. IT'S STARTING TO DRIVE ME BATTY!
I take back every defense I thought of when OtinG insulted Amazon firmware devs!
Amazon forums are replete with similar complaints, and bursting with no help at all from Amazon.
ApK

Last edited by ApK; 05-10-2021 at 02:09 PM.