Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-26-2021, 07:42 AM   #2116
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
So sorry Sirtel - the loss of furry four legged family members hurts so much - especially when it's so unexpected. <hugs>
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:45 AM   #2117
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
So sorry Sirtel. Our furry friends are such big parts of our family.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:30 PM   #2118
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Thank you, Poohbear and Hemmi.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:29 PM   #2119
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Sorry to hear this, sirtel. The unexpected loss of a pet is a terrible blow.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:58 PM   #2120
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Thank you, Cromag. Yes, it is.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:22 AM   #2121
PraiseRao
PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PraiseRao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis

In 2018 it started with my fathers dog.. then my best friend and I don't have many friends died. The pain of that echos to this day and beyond. Pain also for my dog who went downhill quickly and died about a month after my best friend did. I was very cried out by the time he died. He was probably the best dog I've ever had. He was very needy and cuddly. Seriously, he wanted to cuddle 24/7 and be with you. Just being with someone made him happy. He chose me as his human and didn't like it when another one of our dogs got close to me. It's ok he stayed upstairs with my parents while my dog stayed downstairs.

Time passed and a few months ago we lost our little rat terrier she was a scrapper. She was a fighter and fought death hard in the end. It was difficult to watch. I miss them, I cherish them and the dogs that came before, along with another friend from high school who died years and years ago.

Am I allowed to post videos? This is the one I watch when I get sad about my best friend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ir8rVl2Z4
PraiseRao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 04:55 PM   #2122
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lighting a candle for our family friend Maureen. A very talented artist who caught COVID in March and had some severe complications. She passed away just an hour or so ago.

Please consider getting a COVID vaccine if you haven't done so. No one wants to see a family member or loved one or friend go through 3 months of hell before they pass away from the complications.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:38 PM   #2123
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Condolences Hemmi ... this shouldn't happen to anyone ... so sorry to read this.

[Yes - I am vaccinated]
Old 06-13-2021, 05:43 AM   #2124
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm very sorry to hear this, Hemmi.

(Got my shots as soon as they were available.)
Old 07-11-2021, 04:41 PM   #2125
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
A guy we've known since 1982 passed away this week from advanced liver cancer. We hadn't seen him or his wife in a couple years, life got in the way, then COVID, and we'd lost touch. We spent a lot of time with his family when we were raising our kids, who are similar ages. He was only sick a few months, by the time they diagnosed the issue, there was just nothing to be done. He was 67.

He was the finest kind, he and his wife both were/are just the best people. He was known locally because he played in local coffee houses and wine bars, and their family just seems to know everyone. He played all types of guitar, and sang too.

It was a shock to hear on Wednesday that he has died, and we went to his calling hours today. His wife Jan is a dear gal, who as my daughter describes, "Is genuinely happy all the time." She has a strong faith, as did her husband, and our world is a little sadder today without him in it.

He leave 4 sons, all married, 6 grandkids, 3 siblings, and a good part of our local population who knew and loved him.

Goodbye Steve, we will meet again some day.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:29 PM   #2126
cromag

Sorry to hear about your friend, Deskisamess.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:37 PM   #2127
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Too many of us have lost loved ones to cancer! Sincere condolences for your loss!
Old 07-12-2021, 08:59 PM   #2128
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

So sorry to hear of your friend's passing. It doesn't matter how close you were recently, he still touched your life. Cancer sucks and touches too many lives.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:49 PM   #2129
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
My oldest son passed away from Cancer three years ago. A foul and terrible disease that shows no mercy.

Last edited by timebug; 07-21-2021 at 04:19 AM.
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 05:13 PM   #2130
cromag

I'm sorry for your loss. And, you're right about cancer.