Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-25-2018, 09:27 PM   #1
bitnerd
bitnerd began at the beginning.

Device: many
Rebuild TOC

I have KOReader running on three different readers and it's been working great until just recently. I'm running the 2018-04-12 on all the devices and on one of them the table of contents on every book is messed up - all the chapters show that they start on page 1. I've tried removing the .sdr directory for the book I was reading but it didn't seem to help. What can I do to rebuild that Table of Contents?

The same books work perfectly fine on the other two devices
bitnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:41 PM   #2
bitnerd

Never did find out what was messed up on there. I tried purging, refreshing the cache, and even removing the SDR directory but nothing helped. So I exited KOReader, mounted it on my computer, and copied all books and SDR directories off. I started KOReader back up again to verify it was empty, then I moved the books and SDR directories back on in the same places they were before and all works fine

I have no idea what was up but I can now get the TOC to work on all my books again so I'm happy
Advert
Old 05-28-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
Frenzie
Evangelist
Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.Frenzie knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Unfortunately I don't know what could be the matter, but note that in the File Browser there's also Tools icon > Developer options > Clear readers' caches.

I think that's the same as manually deleting the contents of koreader/cache.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #4
bitnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Unfortunately I don't know what could be the matter, but note that in the File Browser there's also Tools icon > Developer options > Clear readers' caches.

I think that's the same as manually deleting the contents of koreader/cache.
Hmm, never noticed that "clear readers cache" before but if it happens again I'll try it.

At the moment it's still working fine after I cleared all the books off and then put them back on again