Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 01-30-2015, 06:49 PM   #196
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Has anyone else asked Cortana who is going to win the Superbowl? Our little opinionated friend is obviously a football fan.
Obvious home town bias at work - the Hawks of course
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:52 PM   #197
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Obvious home town bias at work - the Hawks of course
Did you ask her? I love her answer. Does Alexa know? I asked Google Now and it just showed a search result.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2015, 07:02 PM   #198
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did you ask her? I love her answer. Does Alexa know? I asked Google Now and it just showed a search result.
Yeah, and Cortana said her Ouija board favored the Hawks. Unlike Cortana's bias for the home team, Alexa showed no such bias and said she didn't know.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:44 PM   #199
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Yeah, and Cortana said her Ouija board favored the Hawks. Unlike Cortana's bias for the home team, Alexa showed no such bias and said she didn't know.
Alexa told me

"I wish I could tell you, but I can't see the future"

copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #200
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Alexa just needs to get out more!
Advert
Old 02-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #201
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Has anyone else asked Cortana who is going to win the Superbowl? Our little opinionated friend is obviously a football fan.
Yes. Cortana's answers can vary slightly each time the question is asked, but today she states that the Patriots are favored. Echo is less committal with her reply: "I can't see the future."
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #202
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Yes. Cortana's answers can vary slightly each time the question is asked, but today she states that the Patriots are favored. Echo is less committal with her reply: "I can't see the future."
She asked who I thought would win the superbowl. I told her which team and she said her sources aren't convinced but check back after the game to see who is right BUT she didn't sound like Cortana she sounded like a robot!
Old 02-01-2015, 08:26 PM   #203
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I just asked:
Quote:
We're past the kickoff. It's up to the players now.
The half-time show sucks big time. I turned the sound off and diverted my eyes away from the screen. With the budget they have, you'd think they would hire someone who could actually sing.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:24 PM   #204
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I learned not long ago that the annual Super Bowl halftime rock extravaganza was cause by the promotion Fox had one year, offering their own entertainment (Jim Carrey and his friends) as an alternative to the NFL's entertainers. I saw that, and didn't laugh once!

The next year, the NFL brought in Michael Jackson to preempt that sort of thing happening again.

But I read the other day that someone on YouTube is having an alternative half-time show this year.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #205
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I learned not long ago that the annual Super Bowl halftime rock extravaganza was cause by the promotion Fox had one year, offering their own entertainment (Jim Carrey and his friends) as an alternative to the NFL's entertainers. I saw that, and didn't laugh once!

The next year, the NFL brought in Michael Jackson to preempt that sort of thing happening again.

But I read the other day that someone on YouTube is having an alternative half-time show this year.
Well, maybe they should bring Michael Jackson back for a zombie half-time show - Thriller
Old 02-01-2015, 09:45 PM   #206
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I just asked:

The half-time show sucks big time. I turned the sound off and diverted my eyes away from the screen. With the budget they have, you'd think they would hire someone who could actually sing.
I watched it and cringe every time it was like what am I watching. Horrible.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #207
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Great game! Had to turn it off before it ended because The Big Bang Theory was starting.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:41 AM   #208
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
You guys are so mean.... Saying that Cortana is saying something funny (I think) and then not saying what!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:02 AM   #209
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
You guys are so mean.... Saying that Cortana is saying something funny (I think) and then not saying what!
Posting the exact words would be a spoiler and might spoil someone's fun in discovering for themselves which is why I refuse to read the list of questions to ask her I like figuring it out myself. I suppose we could use spoilers tags though I didn't think of that till now.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:59 PM   #210
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Please do it for us who don't have her yet
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote