Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #2716
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Ruskie_it: Do you have a rough timeframe of when you might have installed it?

(If you installed it via MRPI, and it wasn't during the period in which I'd broken logging (Oops. ), there's also MRPI's log in extensions/MRInstaller/log/mrinstaller.log).

As for *system* logs, entering ;dumpMessages in the Home's searchbar should generate a few .log files in the documents folder, the system one being the interesting one. (Possibly after having switched around a few books, so we get relevant data ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:12 PM   #2717
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Ruskie_it: Do you have a rough timeframe of when you might have installed it?
Can't really say. For sure installed with MRPI, and I think not earlier than a month ago. Let me think. It was, I think, 2 weeks ago when I installed the one which worked with KFXs.
My MRPI log dates back to... 2 days ago when I installed this last version!

Quote:
As for *system* logs, entering ;dumpMessages in the Home's searchbar should generate a few .log files in the documents folder, the system one being the interesting one. (Possibly after having switched around a few books, so we get relevant data ).
And of course now that I tried, it actually displayed one of the KFX cover. It failed on the other, even though it's a properly sized, correct resolution gray-scaled png...
I tried ;dumpMessages, ;dumpmessages and a few others. None of them produced any log in the whole kindle visible storage.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2018, 08:57 PM   #2718
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

;dm should work, too (you do have to really launch the search, not just type it in, and it only works from the Homescreen's search bar).
Old 09-05-2018, 02:28 AM   #2719
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
;dm should work, too (you do have to really launch the search, not just type it in, and it only works from the Homescreen's search bar).
Okay, ;dm worked (;dumpMessages didn't, I ran it same way I ran ;dm).
I am attaching the logs.
For your info, I switched four books.
The last and the fourth-to-last showed their cover. The second and third-to-last didn't.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (439.6 KB, 157 views)
Old 09-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #2720
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Ruskie_it: Okay, I see the failed extractions for:

* Carr, Caleb/L'alienista - Caleb Carr.kfx
* Christie, Agatha/Il misterioso signor Quin - Agatha Christie.kfx

Were those generated by Calibre's KFX output plugin?
If you could PM me one or both of those (even encrypted, shouldn't matter), I should be able to better figure out what might have gone wrong .

(Can't (easily) test the KFX output plugin myself, no Linux support in Amazon's new tool).
Advert
Old 09-05-2018, 11:15 AM   #2721
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
@Ruskie_it: Okay, I see the failed extractions for:

* Carr, Caleb/L'alienista - Caleb Carr.kfx
* Christie, Agatha/Il misterioso signor Quin - Agatha Christie.kfx

Were those generated by Calibre's KFX output plugin?
Correct. Besides this, for "L'alienista" I actually worked up on the cover when I noticed it didn't work.
So instead of the "original" cover I now have a grayscale png with the correct resolution 7xx by 10xx (can't remember the figures but I took them off the thread).

Quote:
If you could PM me one or both of those (even encrypted, shouldn't matter), I should be able to better figure out what might have gone wrong .
Sure. I don't store KFXs (because Calibre can't edit them), but I convert them when I need them. I will convert those two and send them to you via PM. (Will do so as soon as I get home)
Thanks!
Old 09-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #2722
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Ruskie_it: In case you remember that without having to check, did these two have an ASIN set in the metadata?

Because I just found a bug in case an ASIN wasn't set .

I also possibly need to do something about these extra-long cdeKeys, but the two files should answer that question, thanks

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-05-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #2723
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
@Ruskie_it: In case you remember that without having to check, did these two have an ASIN set in the metadata?

Because I just found a bug in case an ASIN wasn't set .

I also possibly need to do something about these extra-long cdeKeys, but the two files should answer that question, thanks
I have this in the metadata for "Il misterioso signor Quin": isbn:9788852060823, amazon:B00TENWKJI, amazon-code:524420119, google-code:75617201079, secondary-isbn:84218897557429

And this for "L'alienista":isbn:9788822717290, mobi-asin:f8a576ee-ba11-42e1-a503-8a23060a3d5b

(Ok, I'll admit I didn't remember then without checking)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #2724
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Ruskie_it: Yeah, that roughly tracks with what I'm seeing in the logs... I guess I'll just have to see what the actual files have to say .
Old 09-05-2018, 01:31 PM   #2725
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
@Ruskie_it: Yeah, that roughly tracks with what I'm seeing in the logs... I guess I'll just have to see what the actual files have to say .
Although... "Tokyo Express" didn't have any metadata at all, and "Mr. Mercedes" only had an isbn in its metadata...
Oh well. Zip file underway!
Old 11-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #2726
SydneyCarton
SydneyCarton began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Hi,

My PW2 firmware was updated to 5.10.1.1 and now it just shows the last screen and dims when pressing the sleep button.

I ran the jailbreak hotfix and was able to reinstall the python and linkss bins in the first post with MRPI, but it won't show the custom screensavers in image cycle mode. It does let me disable the screen savers app in KUAL so it will show the default kindle screensavers.

I did not mess with the screensavers I had saved so don't think it's an issue with them as they were working fine before the update. Also tried to remove them all and added one png with 758x1024px but issue remains

anything else I should try? Thanks
SydneyCarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:48 PM   #2727
NiLuJe
BLAM!

As explained in the 5.10.x thread, use packages from the snapshots thread.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #2728
SydneyCarton
SydneyCarton began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
That worked, thanks!
SydneyCarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #2729
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
will this work with the jailbreak for the latest gen paperwhite that was just released? thanks!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #2730
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The snapshots will, yes.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch