Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
dxreader
dxreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
PDF reading on DX

The new Kindle DX makes PDF reading easy without any conversion process. But I sorely miss the highlight/notes feature while reading my own pdf files. Anyone had any success with getting highlights work with pdf?
dxreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:18 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxreader View Post
The new Kindle DX makes PDF reading easy without any conversion process. But I sorely miss the highlight/notes feature while reading my own pdf files. Anyone had any success with getting highlights work with pdf?
That is something Amazon would have to add to the system software for you to be able to do more with PDF.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Or, convert the PDF to Kindle/Mobi format.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is something Amazon would have to add to the system software for you to be able to do more with PDF.
Yep. And if Amazon doesn't add it soon, as well as hyperlinks, zoom and dictionary support, and competitors come out with large screens with good PDF implementation, I'll dump both my Kindles in a flash.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'm also getting a bit annoyed at how slow Amazon is updating their OS/Firmware. They should have already improved PDF support, they should have sent out the update.

Other companies are a LOT more responsive to customer requests and fix glaring issues a lot faster. I will be looking at the Apple tablet VERY closely. If it has great pdf support, touchscreen, color screen, appstore applications it will be pretty far ahead of the kindle and I'll upgrade.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlight, kindledx, pdf