Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-16-2018, 03:14 AM   #1
ryankapoor
ryankapoor began at the beginning.

Device: mobileread
Getting screwed by Amazon on my kindle fire.

Suddenly since the update the text-to-voice no longer works right. Instead of turning each page as the narration for that page is finished it now stays on the first page. Anyone else having this problem? In which case they are screwing everyone. Or just me because I returned an unordered audiobook and wrote them a bad review for forcing the professional narration on me and charging me for it. Amazon is bad about forcing things on you through a kindle. Like the amazon cloud, forcing you to use it by downloading your pictures to it without permission.

I gotta get me a different tablet.
https://downloader.vip/rufus/ https://downloader.vip/mapquest/ https://downloader.vip/uptodate/

Last edited by ryankapoor; 10-16-2018 at 04:01 PM.
ryankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:19 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankapoor View Post
Amazon is bad about forcing things on you through a kindle. Like the amazon cloud, forcing you to use it by downloading your pictures to it without permission.

I gotta get me a different tablet.
you can turn that feature off, if you dont want it. or you can go to your amazon drive and delete stuff.
but it is a free backup - what's not to like ?

PS google does exactly the same if you get an android tablet with a google account. the only difference is that the photos go to your google drive instead of your amazon drive.
but again, it's free
and you can set it to upload pictures only on wifi or only when charging...

I expect that apple is not a lot different if you get an i-pad
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
None of which are the subject of this forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote