Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-27-2018, 03:50 AM   #1
sabrjamil
sabrjamil began at the beginning.

Device: none
Issues while adding ebooks to Calibre

Hello
Since my last update of Calibre (3 .24), Iam unable to add ebooks to my library or even download metadata.
This is what Iam receiving :

calibre, version 3.24.0
ERROR: Cannot add books: Failed to add any books, click "Show details" for more information.

Failed to start worker process
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 201, in start_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 189, in create_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 73, in start_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 166, in start_pipe_worker
File "subprocess.py", line 711, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 959, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] Le fichier spécifié est introuvable

Can anyone help please ? Thanks
sabrjamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Looks like your antivirus has quarantined the calibre worker process launcher. Un-quaratine it or re-install calibre (and exclude it from your antivirus) and you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:52 PM   #3
sabrjamil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Looks like your antivirus has quarantined the calibre worker process launcher. Un-quaratine it or re-install calibre (and exclude it from your antivirus) and you should be fine.
Thank you Kovid for your prompt and kind reply.
Just to let you know there was no file in the Anti-virus quarantaine.. However, I have removed the anti-virus, restarted the laptop, and tried again to add books or even download metadata but in vain. It still doesn't work.
Iam trying to download Calibre anew, but just afraid to lose my library.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
sabrjamil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrjamil View Post
Thank you Kovid for your prompt and kind reply.
Just to let you know there was no file in the Anti-virus quarantaine.. However, I have removed the anti-virus, restarted the laptop, and tried again to add books or even download metadata but in vain. It still doesn't work.
Iam trying to download Calibre anew, but just afraid to lose my library.
Thank you Kovid, now it works !
Old 08-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #5
ssumith
ssumith began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
i have been trapped with the same problem since installation of calibre. I uninstalled kindle app from my PC and the issue is resolved now. rebooting PC in safe mode also worked for me
ssumith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssumith View Post
i have been trapped with the same problem since installation of calibre. I uninstalled kindle app from my PC and the issue is resolved now. rebooting PC in safe mode also worked for me
That (running in safe mode) suggests a 3rd party program that is run at start up is 'interfering' with calibre's operations, could be an AV program or something else.

See calibre is not starting on Windows? and calibre freezes/crashes occasionally? for possible causes and remedies,

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add a book, calibre