Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
Linmu
Linmu began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre 3.0 on a Mac

Help !
I just tried to update Calibre to 3.0, on a Mac running 10.12.5.
It will not launch...??
I had to revert to older version...
Linmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
We need more information that that. What happens when you try to run it? Does it crash, if so post the crash report. Otherwise post the output from console.app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #3
Linmu
Linmu began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Well. it just displays a box saying I have to update a plugin to work with "Marvin" on my iPad, and over the top of that is another box saying something I can not read, because it is cut off by the bottom of the box... ??
Linmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linmu View Post
Well. it just displays a box saying I have to update a plugin to work with "Marvin" on my iPad, and over the top of that is another box saying something I can not read, because it is cut off by the bottom of the box... ??
Delete the plugin with the previous version of Calibre and then update to 3.0 and see what happens.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:06 PM   #5
ashamam
ashamam began at the beginning.

Device: IPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linmu View Post
I had this problem, basically the modal alert for the Marvin plugin sits out of focus below the new Calibre initialisation window (e.g. creating UI or whatever it says). As you can't dismiss the modal alert the app just sits there waiting.

I was able to flip very quickly between Calibre and another application and lucked out on clicking ok on the modal window before the initialisation window took focus. Calibre then finished loading and I was able to delete the Marvin plugin.
ashamam is offline   Reply With Quote