Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 02-16-2019, 07:57 AM   #1
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Williams, Valentine: Mr. Ramosi (1926) v3 22 Aug 2019

It is 1926, and the newly discovered tomb of Tut Ankh Amun has made all things ancient Egyptian hugely desirable worldwide. Suddenly there is a boom in the stealing and illegal export of antiquities... In fact, it looks like organised crime on a grand scale.

Meet the motley crew of foreign dealers, innocent tourists, excavators, and the master criminal himself: "Mr Ramosi."

But who is Mr Ramosi?

(Source: Internet Archive/Library of India txt file and pdf page images)

Thanks again to Granny Grump for advice on TOC for epub readers.

EDIT: A host of OCR errors slipped by me; this is V2, cleaned up.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	173073  
Attached Files
File Type: azw3 Mr Ramosi - Valentine Williams.azw3 (527.5 KB, 188 views)
File Type: mobi Mr Ramosi - Valentine Williams.mobi (466.8 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by Pulpmeister; 08-22-2019 at 01:06 AM.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thank you - this sounds right up my street .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2019, 02:43 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pulpmeister, I’m trying to read this, but the number of errors in it makes it difficult to do so. I’ve only got as far as chapter 2, but already noted well over 30 errors .

Eg in just the first few pages:

slumber- ing -> slumbering
Hying lines of trees -> flying
Its as dark -> It’s
Thank the Lord (or that I -> Thank the Lord for that!
It s a perishin’ night -> It’s
head- lights -> head-lights
waiting for you I -> waiting for you!
the outline of his beard was st) strong -> so strong
I shah have much pleasure -> shall

Etc.

Last edited by HarryT; 03-05-2019 at 04:09 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have put up a V2. I agree it was atrocious, and I got an early direct response from Roy Glashan, to whom I also sent a copy. So I went back through it. Uploaded 24 Feb.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm afraid that's the version I'm using!

Please don't think I'm ungrateful for the upload - it's a good book. I'm marking all the errors I find and at some point I'll correct my copy and re-upload it.
Advert
Old 08-22-2019, 01:06 AM   #6
Pulpmeister
Wizard

Now for V3!