Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #46
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbie View Post
ButtonSavior needs root indeed. With "Root_Master_1.3.6_Cekas_Fix.apk" that's a piece of cake. The app used for note taking is Notepad (Market..free)
root master seems to be a rip-off of root buster.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...mance-t2909836
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:47 PM   #47
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Wifi not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg oire View Post
so i changed the firmware back to 1.0.0 after doing a full reset but problem is there.
if it was a hardware problem would the device behave like that?

i mean would it try to turn on and then go back to off or it would seem like it was on but just wouldnt work?

anyway i still have an ereader with no wifi at all so any more help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry greg oire but this sounds to me like a hardware failure. You could open the device and hope that only the wifi antenna got somehow off the plug the the chance for that is very low. I guess the wifi modul is broken.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2017, 02:03 PM   #48
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg oire View Post
anyway i still have an ereader with no wifi at all so any more help would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure how old your reader is, or from where you purchased it. However, it may be worth contacting Energy Sistem, because on some products they have give a 3 year warranty.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #49
greg oire
Zealot
greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Energy Reader Pro+
@nhedgehog,church mouse

i did contact energy sistem and my warranty is still good so i think i m gonna send my device to them (i m past the 1st year so i think i ma have to pay the postage ffees)
hope that it can be fixed.
greg oire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:20 AM   #50
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@greg oire:
Please keep us updated.
Advert
Old 09-17-2017, 07:40 AM   #51
greg oire
Zealot
greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greg oire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

a kinda out of date update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
@greg oire:
Please keep us updated.

im really really sorry, i totally forgot to write the end of the story..
so beeing ~6 months late, heres whats happenned.

my ereader got another problem (something was smashed inside-you could hear it but it never gave the reader any function problems (this problem preceded the wi-fi problem for 10-12 months)

the guy from energy sistem advised me not to send because the warranty wouldnt cover shipping nor work (because of the smashed thing problem) and gave me the adress of their local (i live in greece) representative.
i decided to get the reader to a independent local fixxer who told me that it was a motherboard issue and cannot be fixed.

maybe sometime i will give it a 2nd try but theres already many people, including one who has opened the thing, that think its a hardware issue so i guess thats just the case.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #52
nhedgehog
Guru

Thanks for the update.
I had a similiar noise problem with my ES EReader pro, which I bought from ES via Amazon. I complained, they asked me to send it to them and even arranged a pickup from my home (living in Germany) to Spain. After 3or 4 weeks (can't remember) I got the thing back without the clicking noise, so I have to say, their service in my case was very good. I didn't pay a cent for the shipping or the repair.

Regarding your problem:
I opened my device since this several times which is not difficult. If I remember correctly there is a cable to the wifi antenna, which can be lose. But I guess the local fixxer guy has allready checked that.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:31 AM   #53
Gian1
Gian1 began at the beginning.

Device: Energy eReader Pro+ (T62D)
Quote:
Originally Posted by didierm View Post
- Search for "Root Master 1.3.6_Cekas_Fix.apk".

- My version of the Pro+ came with a secured adbd daemon (preventing you from opening a root adb shell).
Here are some pointers :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833756
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...duction-builds
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1687590
Has anyone managed to work that out? Whenever I type "adb devices" with the SDK tools installed nothing shows up even though I updated the firmware to the 3.0.0B version and installed the universal ADB drivers by ClockworkMod.
I believe it has to do with the fact that the device has no hardware ID (see attachment). I'm on Win7 x64.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hardware IDs.png
Views:	305
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	159072  
Gian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #54
Gian1

I forgot to add that it could be that as a consequence of the missing hardware ID, the WPD FileSystem Volume Driver becomes the only compatible driver (see attachment) also considering that manually selecting the ADB driver via "have a disk" yields an incompatibility message.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Driver.png
Views:	330
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	159074  
Old 09-22-2017, 09:06 AM   #55
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Metal plate on circuitboard

Also a "noise" problem here. Have my energy pro plus 2 years now. Lasted a while before i had a good one, then i rooted it (Rootmaster) and took it in use. Still satisfied though it has its own nature. Sometimes freezes, sometimes play dead and sometimes refuses to do what i want. But mostly it does what i bought it for........reading books. Last period however, when i moved it i heard some rattling inside. Opened it and saw an unattached metal plate laying free on the board. (see pic) Happy i did open because it could easily cause a short circuit. Can someone tell me (or show) what the original position is. Then i can place it back......with some glue. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	proplus.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	159121  
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #56
Gian1

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian1 View Post
Has anyone managed to work that out? Whenever I type "adb devices" with the SDK tools installed nothing shows up even though I updated the firmware to the 3.0.0B version and installed the universal ADB drivers by ClockworkMod.
I believe it has to do with the fact that the device has no hardware ID (see attachment). I'm on Win7 x64.
OK, I had to activate the developer mode by tapping four times on the build number to get both the hardware IDs and adb access, but I still couldn't root the tablet, so I flashed this rooted firmware using this utility by the chipset manufacturer Rockchip (note that the "reboot-bootloader" command must first be executed via adb so that the utility device icon may turn green).

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbie View Post
i heard some rattling inside. Opened it and saw an unattached metal plate laying free on the board. (see pic) Happy i did open because it could easily cause a short circuit. Can someone tell me (or show) what the original position is.
Precisely in the last few days my tablet began rattling as well after I mildly bumped it on my desk, and your post made me open it lest it get short-circuited.
If you look at the board you'll notice a shiny perimeter made of a narrow strip of metal: that's the area the plate is supposed to cover.
I'm surprised it was so loose.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #57
nhedgehog
Guru

@Urbie:
Looks like a shielding plate which was not soldered properly onto the board.
I see 3 options:
1) solder it back on the area which is outlined by the yellow lines.
2) glue it (don't think that really helps).
3) leave the device without it and look if something happens, I guess there could be same malfunctions due to strong electrical fields.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #58
Gian1

Quote:
@Urbie:
Looks like a shielding plate which was not soldered properly onto the board.
The plate has projected edges that go into the small pegs placed on the strip. The problem is said mini pegs are too weak.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:28 PM   #59
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
fixed

Got the plate on spot. I overlooked the outlines and yes, the little, little pegs were weak and worn out. Some foam helds it in place now. Thanks for the clues and advises.
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:13 PM   #60
greg oire
Zealot

Quote:
Thanks for the update.
I had a similiar noise problem with my ES EReader pro, which I bought from ES via Amazon. I complained, they asked me to send it to them and even arranged a pickup from my home (living in Germany) to Spain. After 3or 4 weeks (can't remember) I got the thing back without the clicking noise, so I have to say, their service in my case was very good. I didn't pay a cent for the shipping or the repair.

Regarding your problem:
I opened my device since this several times which is not difficult. If I remember correctly there is a cable to the wifi antenna, which can be lose. But I guess the local fixxer guy has allready checked that.
me too i cant complain about Energy Sistem helpdesk.
i didnt know the noise thing was common and in my case it started after i dropped it so... i think its logical that they didnt cover the wi-fi problem.

about the fixer guy icant be sure (never used him before) so maybe i ll try opening the thing.
problem is i cant identify the wi-fi.
can someone describe tome where it is?
do you thik its possible for someone with 0 knowledge of the thing to locate and fix it or should i try a 2nd not-so-local fixer?

Tags
ereader, google account manager, google play, kobo app, pro+, t62+