Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 01-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #1
sadamny
sadamny began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin iOS
Marvin - iOS Share sheet issue

I'm not sure if this is a Marvin issue or an iOS issue, but i used to be able to Airdrop books from device to device and there was a choice on the receiving device as to which App to open the pub.

However, now, on my iPhone with 11.2.2 and my iPad 11.2.1 - the airdrop book opens directly in iBooks and does not give me a choice to open in Marvin.

Anyone else having the same problem or having similar issues? or thoughts on how to solve?

thanks all
sadamny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
You can try and delete iBooks app from your phone and see if that lets you pick a different app when you transfer. Here is an article that describes the issue with Apple.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Unfortunately, it's an iOS 11 issue. Even if you delete iBooks, iOS will just ask to install it instead of using any other supported reader.

Hoping Apple allows setting default apps in future iOS versions.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:39 AM   #4
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Take a look at this post.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:44 AM   #5
sadamny
sadamny began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin iOS
Fixed with update to 11.2.5!!! Thanks very much cedhax

ilovejedd - i don't mind the lack of default, i just need the share sheet when receiving the data from the other device. Now if that receive share sheet could be used for other apps - i would be a happy man!
sadamny is offline   Reply With Quote