Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-03-2017, 11:18 PM   #1
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Flightcrew & EpubCheck

Greetings!

I'm a little confused about the difference between Flightcrew and EpubCheck (4.0.2)

Does Flightcrew use the same validation ... (not sure what the right word is) ... script? engine? procedure?

I've noticed the results are sometimes different. If I were to use one or the other, which provides more complete and accurate results for epub3 — or does it not matter?

Thanks!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:54 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Greetings!

I'm a little confused about the difference between Flightcrew and EpubCheck (4.0.2)

Does Flightcrew use the same validation ... (not sure what the right word is) ... script? engine? procedure?

I've noticed the results are sometimes different. If I were to use one or the other, which provides more complete and accurate results for epub3 — or does it not matter?

Thanks!
For epub2, I use FlightCrew and Epubcheck. While most of the errors are caught by both, there are enough errors that only caught by one that I find using both worthwhile. For epub3, Epubcheck is the only choice, FlightCrew will not validate an epub3 file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:09 AM   #3
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
... For epub3, Epubcheck is the only choice, FlightCrew will not validate an epub3 file.
Well, that takes care of that, then, since I'm transitioning my library to epub3! Thanks!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote