Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by makue View Post
My KOA2 G000 SA12 - 5.9.0.6 arrived today unregistered as it was ordered as a present

At least my device has a fully functional usb interface although not registered

I dumped it as it was and now after having it registererd I'm dumping it again as adviced by knc1. Will upload the result later

@knc1: may you please send me the missing password for the jb, I will try this next.

Regards, Matthias
Be careful not to let it update.

Will PM you the details you need right after my lunch break.
And thanks for the image file you plan to send.
We need as many as possible because of changes Amazon/Lab126 has made.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #17
makue
Custom User Title
makue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Thanks to knc1's precise instructions my KOA2 is now jailbreaked.

For the time being I will leave/use it now as it is
makue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #18
otanim
Enthusiast
otanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura about

Device: KOA, KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
So far we have three known, new model identifications by the first six characters of the serial number:
G000P8, G000S1, G000SA
This information is used internally, in our package creation and package coding.

We need to know if anyone has an identification string different than those three above.
Tell us now, or your model may not be supported the first time around with new KOA2 packaging.
Because of internal changes by Amazon/Lab126, there may be "KOA2 specific" package versions, at least for awhile.

Ref:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Hi knc1, my KOA2's serial number's first 6 characters are: G000SA, initial version was 5.9.0.6.
Can I ask you to pm me the password for jailbreak?
otanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:09 AM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otanim View Post
Hi knc1, my KOA2's serial number's first 6 characters are: G000SA, initial version was 5.9.0.6.
Nothing is ready for use by the general public, only those helping with the testing.

Do not let it update.
Don't put any files on it. That includes connecting it to a MacOSx computer, just don't do that, Spotlight will write metadata files all over it as soon as it is plugged in.

I will PM you the details of how to join into the fun.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:16 AM   #20
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I should be getting my replacement tomorrow. Will follow up with my serial info once I have it ready to go. Given my delivery times it may not be until Saturday AM (US EST). If you could provide the required passwords to me that would be great and I will happily help test. Thanks for your efforts.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #21
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Jailbroken and updated to 5.9.2. Thank you! I downloaded the 5.9.2 update and applied manually, have not had wifi on since registration. One question: Every time there's a restart, I get a message that an update is needed to enhance my reading experience for Chinese, do I want to connect now? What is that update? I'm still getting it after applying 5.9.2.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #22
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
You must enable PM messages.
If not disabled in your "User CP", them make a few more posts somewhere on the site.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #23
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Jailbroken and updated to 5.9.2. Thank you! I downloaded the 5.9.2 update and applied manually, have not had wifi on since registration. One question: Every time there's a restart, I get a message that an update is needed to enhance my reading experience for Chinese, do I want to connect now? What is that update? I'm still getting it after applying 5.9.2.
Remove the html tar gz file.

I think there really is an update, but I think that file kind of triggers that screen too.

I would say.

Put the update.bin.tmp.partial folder in plaxe, and then connect to wife to clear our that message, if removing the file I mentioned doesn't clear it.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
One question: Every time there's a restart, I get a message that an update is needed to enhance my reading experience for Chinese, do I want to connect now? What is that update? I'm still getting it after applying 5.9.2.
It's a dictionary update; I got it a few days ago. It downloaded new versions of the Chinese, French, and Spanish dictionaries.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #25
otanim
Enthusiast
otanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You must enable PM messages.
If not disabled in your "User CP", them make a few more posts somewhere on the site.
knc1, it seems because I'm novice in here.
Can I ask you to email me: contact [at] otanim.com ?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #26
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Remove the html tar gz file.

I think there really is an update, but I think that file kind of triggers that screen too.

I would say.

Put the update.bin.tmp.partial folder in plaxe, and then connect to wife to clear our that message, if removing the file I mentioned doesn't clear it.
Thanks. Removing the file didn't stop it. I restart it so rarely it wouldn't be a problem, just curious what it was. I did enable wifi and the message I got was that fonts were being updated. Restarted, message is gone, JB still in place.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:32 PM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. Removing the file didn't stop it. I restart it so rarely it wouldn't be a problem, just curious what it was. I did enable wifi and the message I got was that fonts were being updated. Restarted, message is gone, JB still in place.
Did you get a dictionary download, too? I got both the "font update" message, and three new dictionary downloads, too.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #28
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
knc1, it seems because I'm novice in here.
Can I ask you to email me: contact [at] otanim.com ?
No.

Topmost blue bar
Left end
click "User CP"
In left margin - Section "Settings and Options"
click "Edit Options"
scroll to second text box "Messaging and Notifications"
In the "Private Messaging" section:
Enable Private messaging. (check the box)
Disable Receive messages only from contacts and moderators. (uncheck the box)
Old 11-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
No.

Topmost blue bar
Left end
click "User CP"
In left margin - Section "Settings and Options"
click "Edit Options"
scroll to second text box "Messaging and Notifications"
In the "Private Messaging" section:
Enable Private messaging. (check the box)
Disable Receive messages only from contacts and moderators. (uncheck the box)
I'm afraid PMs don't work for new members, knc. You need to have been a member for a certain length of time, and have made a certain number of posts, before PMs can be used.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:07 PM   #30
otanim
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid PMs don't work for new members, knc. You need to have been a member for a certain length of time, and have made a certain number of posts, before PMs can be used.
As I understand, to unlock PM messaging I need to wait 1 month ։)
Well, I'll be in touch ։)

Last edited by otanim; 11-23-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Tags
jailbreak, koa2