Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2021, 01:15 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.28.18220

Firmware 4.28.18220 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:25 PM   #2
Lusephur
Connoisseur
Lusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Oh sweet stability, give me more.
Lusephur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2021, 02:55 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One item with this update is that on newer Kobo eReaders, (hardware versions 6, 7, and 8), USB detection is more robust. For, that means my Forma and Clara HD can now use either of the USB 3 ports on my laptop.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 03:53 PM   #4
frereroy
Enthusiast
frereroy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Is there a list of updated features and "improvements" published anywhere?
frereroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 04:35 PM   #5
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Looks like this one is for everything but the Elipsa.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2021, 05:20 PM   #6
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The epub font size issue introduced in 4.28.17820 appears to have been fixed in this version, but we're still doing some tests to make sure.

In addition, the font size values appear to have been reworked. The `Custom font sizes` patch
(which decreases the minimum font size) may not be necessary anymore. Furthermore, @sherman noticed that the Glo now goes into two-column mode at the smallest possible font size...

Edit: Just tested on my Aura2v1, Mini, and ClaraHD. It seems to have indeed been fixed (making the two patches which fix the font scale unnecessary) with smaller font sizes added as well (finally eliminating `Custom font sizes`). Thanks Kobo!

Last edited by geek1011; 08-10-2021 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:41 PM   #7
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One item with this update is that on newer Kobo eReaders, (hardware versions 6, 7, and 8), USB detection is more robust. For, that means my Forma and Clara HD can now use either of the USB 3 ports on my laptop.
That definitely seems to be the case. I haven't had many of my usual issues with USB on my Kobo devices for this version.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:47 PM   #8
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
My Aura One updated to this version (4.28.18220) and I have the following issues;

1. Books I have been reading have very large or very small sized fonts. Not consistent between books.
2. Invert screen (nightmode) not working (only tested using NickleMenu)

Have reinstalled NickleMenu and did reboots. Ended up manually reverting back to 4.26.16704 and is fine now.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:26 PM   #9
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
2. Invert screen (nightmode) not working (only tested using NickleMenu)

Have reinstalled NickleMenu and did reboots. Ended up manually reverting back to 4.26.16704 and is fine now.
Use dark_mode

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=555
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:40 PM   #10
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

I decided to try 4.28.18220 again.

So far it looks the issue is with kepub and epub's.

The epub's have a larger font and the Kobo books or the same epub's converted to kepub have the the smaller font. The font is double the size on the epub's.

Also it seems the font size setting changes between the firmware versions so you have to readjust it, I don't if this is normal I have only noticed it now.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:49 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

The epub's have a larger font and the Kobo books or the same epub's converted to kepub have the the smaller font. The font is double the size on the epub's.

Also it seems the font size setting changes between the firmware versions so you have to readjust it, I don't if this is normal I have only noticed it now.
Did you patch 4.26.16704? If so, that's why the font sizes are different.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:50 PM   #12
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:

That's interesting, since based on our testing on some of the other devices, that issue (which was a regression introduced in 17820) was fixed. What slider position are you doing the comparison at?

Quote:
The font size values were reworked in this version to include smaller ones.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:57 PM   #13
Rid
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you patch 4.26.16704? If so, that's why the font sizes are different.
No, I stopped using it a while ago. Could there be some setting still active some how?
Old 08-10-2021, 08:01 PM   #14
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
No, I stopped using it a while ago. Could there be some setting still active some how?
I think JSWolf was referring to the possibility that you patched the font sizes, then changed to an unpatched version with different font size values, causing a mismatch. This wouldn't apply for your situation. But, if that was the case, changing the font size slider should fix it.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:06 PM   #15
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
The font size values were reworked in this version to include smaller ones.
However, epub and kepub still use different font sizes. The patch (ePub uniform font scale) is needed anyway.

Last edited by Semwize; 08-10-2021 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Specified which patch was meant
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release