Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-23-2022, 11:54 AM   #211
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
CalibreSpy Qt6 Test Version for Calibre 5.99.4+

See the attached file. Updated for Qt6 compatibility. Minimum Calibre Version is 5.99.4+.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-11-2022 at 05:18 PM. Reason: New test version attached
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 01:03 PM   #212
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Qt6 CalibreSpy Version Uploaded for Calibre 5.99.4+

The latest CS .zip file for Calibre 5.99.4+ is attached here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=24

DaltonST
Advert
Old 05-13-2022, 12:25 PM   #213
kjdavies
Zealot
kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I see an 'export data' option in the CLI help comments. Is there (or could there be) an option for getting inventory information much like (ideally exactly like) the calibredb 'list' command?

I have some scripts that will sweep a folder structure and look for any file not already in calibre, and create load instructions to get it loaded. This means I need to get the list of files already in calibre (currently done with calibredb), which means I can't have any other calibre jobs running. I can handle the interactions between libraries -- don't look for 'files in calibre' for a library that is having its inventory changed -- but it would be good to be able to get the title list while I've got a job running on another library.

Thanks!
kjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 12:13 PM   #214
DaltonST
Deviser

Python/SQLite List Book Titles - Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdavies View Post
I see an 'export data' option in the CLI help comments. Is there (or could there be) an option for getting inventory information much like (ideally exactly like) the calibredb 'list' command.
Not for CalibreSpy, but you could run the .bat file using its companion native Python .py script in the attached .zip file to do the same thing.

This SQLite is read-only, of course (just like CalibreSpy always is).

DaltonST
Attached Files
File Type: zip python_sqlite_list_books_example.zip (866 Bytes, 116 views)
Old 05-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #215
kjdavies
Zealot
kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Not for CalibreSpy, but you could run the .bat file using its companion native Python .py script in the attached .zip file to do the same thing.

This SQLite is read-only, of course (just like CalibreSpy always is).
A stunning example of something I run into and rail against at work, where people come to me demanding that I implement the solution they came up with...

Don't ask for what you think is the answer, explain the problem and get a better solution.

Thanks DaltonST, I think this actually meets my needs better than what I had thought to do with CalibreSpy... and I can easily see how to extend it to some other problems.
kjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2022, 12:04 AM   #216
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.86

Version 1.0.86- 13 Apr 2022 Qt6 Compatibility; Minimum Calibre Version now 6.0.0 (5.99.8+)
Old 08-10-2022, 06:43 AM   #217
qfwfq
Enthusiast
qfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-650; Kobo H2O; Kobo Libra 2; ONYX BOOX Note Air 2 Plus
Installed version 1.0.86 on Calibre 6.2.1
Restarted when asked
When I try to configure the plugin I get this error
Code:
calibre, version 6.2.1
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>TypeError</b>:QLabel.setTextFormat(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'int'

calibre 6.2.1  embedded-python: True
Linux-5.15.0-43-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.15.0-43-generic', '#46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 12 10:30:17 UTC 2022')
Python 3.10.1
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 86) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 7) && Job Spy (1, 0, 192) && KePub Input (3, 6, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 3) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 3) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 3) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 301, in customize_plugin
  File "calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 379, in modify_plugin
  File "calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.__init__", line 31, in config_widget
    return ConfigWidget()
  File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.config", line 218, in __init__
    self.global_defaults_message_qlabel.setTextFormat(1)
TypeError: QLabel.setTextFormat(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'int'
qfwfq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:07 AM   #218
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.87 Qt6 Compatibility

Version 1.0.87- 10 Aug 2022 Qt6 Compatibility; Minimum Calibre Version 6.0.0.

DaltonST
Old 08-10-2022, 01:21 PM   #219
qfwfq
Enthusiast
qfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blueqfwfq can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-650; Kobo H2O; Kobo Libra 2; ONYX BOOX Note Air 2 Plus
OK
This is working
Thanx
qfwfq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 06:28 AM   #220
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Error with Ctrl+L (Author Link)

calibre, version 6.6.1
ERROR: CalibreSpy: Open URL Error for Author Link: type object 'QUrl' has no attribute 'TolerantMode'

Been a while since I used that feature, so it could have gone awry prior to V6.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 11:46 AM   #221
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.88 - Qt6 QUrl.ParsingMode

Version 1.0.88- 08 Oct 2022 Qt6 QUrl.ParsingMode.

DaltonST
Old 10-08-2022, 06:01 PM   #222
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.

But, if the authors.link contains calibre protocol link, the link is 'executed', in that the current calibre process will execute the 'show_book', 'view_book' or 'search' command - however, if the command requires a library switch by the calibre process the CS process is terminated.

I suspect I understand why:

If the authors.link field contains a calibre protocol link that does not require the calibre process to do library switch then the CS process is not terminated.

So, it would seem that a library switch terminates the current calibre process (which will terminate its child processes), and the starts a new calibre process with the required library, unsurprisingly without restarting the CS child process.

This can be demonstrated by starting CS from calibre while Library A is the active library and then switching calibre to Library B - the CS process will disappear irrespective of what library it has.

I'm not sure if this has always been the case (I suspect it has). And, I haven't done any testing with starting CS from a command line or batch file, I'll try that later today.

Most of my usage of the authors.link field uses calibre protocol links, they've replaced the evernote and onenote protocol links I had originally.

Any thoughts?

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-09-2022 at 01:53 AM. Reason: grama
Old 10-09-2022, 04:30 AM   #223
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
. . .
And, I haven't done any testing with starting CS from a command line or batch file, I'll try that later today.
I tested running CS under calibre-debug. As I anticipated when Ctrl+L is pressed in CS running under calibre-debug the calibre process does any necessary library switch, and then executes the command (show-book, search, etc) but CS doesn't disappear - because it's a child of the calibre-debug process.

I can 'work around/live with' the issue by starting CS in a trivial batch file using the JS Select & Open Arbitrary Programs and Files tool e.g. a start_cs_Authors.bat file:

Code:
@echo on
START calibre-debug -r "CalibreSpy" -- --"D:\Calibre\Libraries\Authors" --reset
pause
BR
Old 11-10-2022, 03:41 PM   #224
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.89 Miscellany

Version 1.0.89 - 10 Nov 2022 Miscellany

DaltonST
Old 12-06-2022, 06:01 PM   #225
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.90 calibre://search/CalibreLibrary?q=id:nnnnn

Version 1.0.90- 06 Dec 2022 calibre://search/CalibreLibrary?q=id:nnnnn syntax error corrected.

DaltonST