Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-18-2022, 03:43 AM   #856
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Are these books from kobo store? I only have sideloaded books and the "Nonfiction | 190k words" are not shown on my kobo.
That line is the subtitle. @allanahk is using the driver to set the subtitle to something they think is useful.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:03 AM   #857
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Are these books from kobo store? I only have sideloaded books and the "Nonfiction | 190k words" are not shown on my kobo.

Can i make them appear via calibre?
These are all sideloaded books, and the subtitle info is generated in Calibre. It requires the Kobo Touch Extended driver to put the info of your choice into the subtitle metadata when sending books to your device.

If you want the same setup as I have, you will need the Count Pages plugin which puts the word count into a custom column usually called #words (instructions are in the linked thread). Then in the Kobo touch extended driver configuration, go to "Metadata, on device & advanced", tick "Subtitle", and paste the following into the template editor:

Spoiler:

program:

int_words = raw_field('#words');

# return wordcount in terms of million, e.g. 1m, 1.2m etc
if int_words ># 995000 then
int_words2 = divide(int_words,1000000);
str_words = strcat(format_number(int_words2, '{0: 2.1f}'), '');
if '0' in str_words then
sf_words = format_number(int_words2, '{0: 2.0f}')
else
sf_words = format_number(int_words2, '{0: 2.1f}')
fi;
word_count = strcat(sf_words, 'm')
# wordcount in terms of thousands, e.g. 120k, 230k etc
elif int_words ># 10000 then
int_words2 = divide(int_words,10000);
sf_words = format_number(int_words2, '{0: 2.0f}');
word_count = strcat(sf_words, '0k')
elif int_words ># 1 then
int_words2 = divide(int_words,1000);
word_count = strcat(sf_words, 'k')
fi;

subtitle = strcat(field('#genre'), ' |', word_count, ' words')

Note that I have a separate genre column that I use, but you could also use tags - just replace field('#genre') with field('tags') (without the # symbol). You can put any column info that you like! The Calibre template language is quite powerful.
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:54 AM   #858
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanahk View Post
These are all sideloaded books, and the subtitle info is generated in Calibre. It requires the Kobo Touch Extended driver to put the info of your choice into the subtitle metadata when sending books to your device.
It does not need the extended driver. The subtitle, and all other metadata updating, is part of the built-in KoboTouch driver. The only functions that the extended driver supplies are those configured on the "Extended" tab of the driver configuration. Anything else is part of the KoboTouch driver, or base calibre function.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:30 PM   #859
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
I would love to see this patch for the Sage.
I've updated post #844 to add beta patch which can be used on your Sage
beta Increase width available for book Title in Booklists - Daylight only

@alanahk, @Deobulakenyo & anyone else who already installed the initial Libra beta patch,

I've made the following changes to the original patch in post #844
  • Added new option (Part 2) to customise font-size of both Author and Subtitle lines in the Booklist. Same font-size is used for both. Cosmetic only, won't affect width available for long book Titles.
  • Changed Series option (Part 3) so only a single Find/Replace is needed to customise font-sizes for Series and (time remaining, filetype, filesize). These 2 values can be different.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 06:55 PM   #860
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
beta Increase width available for book Title in Booklists - Daylight only...
Fantastic! Thank you so much!

Last edited by BiliBug; 07-18-2022 at 07:03 PM.
BiliBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:21 PM   #861
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
beta Increase width available for book Title in Booklists - Daylight only

@alanahk, @Deobulakenyo & anyone else who already installed the initial Libra beta patch,

I've made the following changes to the original patch in post #844
  • Added new option (Part 2) to customise font-size of both Author and Subtitle lines in the Booklist. Same font-size is used for both. Cosmetic only, won't affect width available for long book Titles.
  • Changed Series option (Part 3) so only a single Find/Replace is needed to customise font-sizes for Series and (time remaining, filetype, filesize). These 2 values can be different.

Thanks.

Just a note to others who may overlook the first time. The patch title changed (At least for the Libra devices) from:

beta Increase width available for book Title in Booklists - Libra only:

to

beta Increase width available for book Title in Booklists - Storm only:

if using overrides in kobopatch.yaml, you need to change it there as well.

Patch working good.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:32 PM   #862
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanahk View Post

If you want the same setup as I have, you will need the Count Pages plugin which puts the word count into a custom column usually called #words (instructions are in the linked thread). Then in the Kobo touch extended driver configuration, go to "Metadata, on device & advanced", tick "Subtitle", and paste the following into the template editor:

Spoiler:

program:

int_words = raw_field('#words');

# return wordcount in terms of million, e.g. 1m, 1.2m etc
if int_words ># 995000 then
int_words2 = divide(int_words,1000000);
str_words = strcat(format_number(int_words2, '{0: 2.1f}'), '');
if '0' in str_words then
sf_words = format_number(int_words2, '{0: 2.0f}')
else
sf_words = format_number(int_words2, '{0: 2.1f}')
fi;
word_count = strcat(sf_words, 'm')
# wordcount in terms of thousands, e.g. 120k, 230k etc
elif int_words ># 10000 then
int_words2 = divide(int_words,10000);
word_count = strcat(sf_words, '0k')
elif int_words ># 1 then
int_words2 = divide(int_words,1000);
word_count = strcat(sf_words, 'k')
fi;

subtitle = strcat(field('#genre'), ' |', word_count, ' words')

Note that I have a separate genre column that I use, but you could also use tags - just replace field('#genre') with field('tags') (without the # symbol). You can put any column info that you like! The Calibre template language is quite powerful.

I tried using your settings and this is what i got:

Plugboard Template error

Now I can't remove the error displaying

Edit: Got it working now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_033.png
Views:	182
Size:	343.4 KB
ID:	195126  

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 07-18-2022 at 10:54 PM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 10:23 AM   #863
Raemchoi
Raemchoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hey there!

Lately I've lost all my reading stats and I'm trying to get them up where they were (manually). I've found a patch from geek1011 which could help out:

Code:
Manipulate reading stats:
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: Always add 10 hours to the reading time every time you close a book.
  # in EventEngine::endReadingSession(*Volume) when recording end of reading session stats, change QDateTime::secsTo calls to a fixed value
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x4D53A0, FindBLX: 0x425270, ReplaceH: 4F F6 FF 70} # MOV  r0, #65535
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x4D53C0, FindBLX: 0x425270, ReplaceH: 4F F6 FF 70} # MOV  r0, #65535
If I had this patch in a 1h and 0.1h version as well, it would be possible to get the values up to where they were exactly (I'd written down the total reading times per book somewhere else before the reset and Geek kindly explained me how to get the right HEX code for these other variants) but when I try to enable this (original) patch, I get the following error:

Code:
          |   Patch("Manipulate reading stats") enabled=true
          |     ResetBaseAddress()
          |     applying
          |     looping over instructions
          |       kobopatch.ReplaceBytes index=3 line=14
          |         ReplaceBytes(kobopatch.ReplaceBytes{Base:(*kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset)(nil), Offset:5067680, Find:[]uint8(nil), Replace:[]uint8(nil), FindH:(*string)(nil), ReplaceH:(*string)(0x126df260), FindInstBLX:(*kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset)(nil), ReplaceInstBLX:(*kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset)(nil), FindInstBW:(*kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset)(nil), ReplaceInstBW:(*kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset)(nil), ReplaceInstNOP:(*bool)(nil), FindBLX:(*uint32)(0x126931f8), CheckOnly:(*bool)(nil)})
          |         ReplaceH.Expand("4F F6 FF 70")
          |           -> Replace = []byte{0x4f, 0xf6, 0xff, 0x70}
          |         FindBLX(0x425270)
          |           -> FindInstBLX = FindBLX = 0x425270
          |         FindInstBLX.Expand(kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset{Offset:(*int32)(0x131942d4), Sym:(*string)(nil), SymPLT:(*string)(nil), SymPLTTail:(*string)(nil), Inline:false, Rel:(*int32)(nil)})
          |           FindInstBLX.Resolve(kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset{Offset:(*int32)(0x131942d4), Sym:(*string)(nil), SymPLT:(*string)(nil), SymPLTTail:(*string)(nil), Inline:false, Rel:(*int32)(nil)})
          |             -> Target: 0x425270
          |           AsmBLX(0x4D53A0, 0x425270)
          |             -> Find = []byte{0x4f, 0xf7, 0x66, 0xef}
          |         ReplaceBytes(5067680, []byte{0x4f, 0xf7, 0x66, 0xef}, []byte{0x4f, 0xf6, 0xff, 0x70}) [cur:0x0 + off:5067680 -> abs:0x4D53A0]
          |         could not apply patch "Manipulate reading stats": line 14: inst 3: ReplaceBytes: could not find specified bytes
        --> could not apply patch "Manipulate reading stats": line 14: inst 3: ReplaceBytes: could not find specified bytes
Probably 'cause newer firmware in which the offset bytes has changed? I'm on 4.33.19759. Is there someone willing to update this patch for me? Or help me out if it isn't due firmware version...

(a lot!)
Raemchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 12:45 PM   #864
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemchoi View Post
Hey there!

Lately I've lost all my reading stats and I'm trying to get them up where they were (manually). I've found a patch from geek1011 which could help out:

Code:
Manipulate reading stats:
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: Always add 10 hours to the reading time every time you close a book.
  # in EventEngine::endReadingSession(*Volume) when recording end of reading session stats, change QDateTime::secsTo calls to a fixed value
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x4D53A0, FindBLX: 0x425270, ReplaceH: 4F F6 FF 70} # MOV  r0, #65535
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x4D53C0, FindBLX: 0x425270, ReplaceH: 4F F6 FF 70} # MOV  r0, #65535
If I had this patch in a 1h and 0.1h version as well, it would be possible to get the values up to where they were exactly (I'd written down the total reading times per book somewhere else before the reset and Geek kindly explained me how to get the right HEX code for these other variants) but when I try to enable this (original) patch, I get the following error:

Code:
          |   Patch("Manipulate reading stats") enabled=true
          |     ResetBaseAddress()
          |     applying
          |     looping over instructions
          |       kobopatch.ReplaceBytes index=3 line=14
          |         ReplaceBytes(kobopatch.ReplaceBytes{Base:(*kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset)(nil), Offset:5067680, Find:[]uint8(nil), Replace:[]uint8(nil), FindH:(*string)(nil), ReplaceH:(*string)(0x126df260), FindInstBLX:(*kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset)(nil), ReplaceInstBLX:(*kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset)(nil), FindInstBW:(*kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset)(nil), ReplaceInstBW:(*kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset)(nil), ReplaceInstNOP:(*bool)(nil), FindBLX:(*uint32)(0x126931f8), CheckOnly:(*bool)(nil)})
          |         ReplaceH.Expand("4F F6 FF 70")
          |           -> Replace = []byte{0x4f, 0xf6, 0xff, 0x70}
          |         FindBLX(0x425270)
          |           -> FindInstBLX = FindBLX = 0x425270
          |         FindInstBLX.Expand(kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset{Offset:(*int32)(0x131942d4), Sym:(*string)(nil), SymPLT:(*string)(nil), SymPLTTail:(*string)(nil), Inline:false, Rel:(*int32)(nil)})
          |           FindInstBLX.Resolve(kobopatch.FlexAbsOffset{Offset:(*int32)(0x131942d4), Sym:(*string)(nil), SymPLT:(*string)(nil), SymPLTTail:(*string)(nil), Inline:false, Rel:(*int32)(nil)})
          |             -> Target: 0x425270
          |           AsmBLX(0x4D53A0, 0x425270)
          |             -> Find = []byte{0x4f, 0xf7, 0x66, 0xef}
          |         ReplaceBytes(5067680, []byte{0x4f, 0xf7, 0x66, 0xef}, []byte{0x4f, 0xf6, 0xff, 0x70}) [cur:0x0 + off:5067680 -> abs:0x4D53A0]
          |         could not apply patch "Manipulate reading stats": line 14: inst 3: ReplaceBytes: could not find specified bytes
        --> could not apply patch "Manipulate reading stats": line 14: inst 3: ReplaceBytes: could not find specified bytes
Probably 'cause newer firmware in which the offset bytes has changed? I'm on 4.33.19759. Is there someone willing to update this patch for me? Or help me out if it isn't due firmware version...

(a lot!)
If you use Calibre, what you can do is keep track of where you are on the books you are reading and you can also backup the database for cases like this where you need to reset it. This is done with Calibre and the Kobo Utilities plugin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 01:28 PM   #865
Raemchoi
Raemchoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you use Calibre, what you can do is keep track of where you are on the books you are reading and you can also backup the database for cases like this where you need to reset it. This is done with Calibre and the Kobo Utilities plugin.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into that (I should've make a back-up before updating anyway but well...)! Calibre won't be able to help restore the values at the moment, right?
Raemchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 01:35 PM   #866
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemchoi View Post
Thanks for the info, I'll look into that (I should've make a back-up before updating anyway but well...)! Calibre won't be able to help restore the values at the moment, right?
Right. You'll have to start over. But you can keep backups from then on.
Old 08-12-2022, 02:24 PM   #867
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I have a request for a KePub specific patch.

When doing a strikeout using <del>text to be struck</del>, the line is a singe pixel wide. It's barely noticeable. Also, underlines are also not thick enough. Can a patch be made to fix these lines? Thank you.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:54 AM   #868
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Patch request: An option to disable the 'mark as finished?' prompt that comes up if a book is over 95% finished and has a last-read date of over a month ago. It sometimes comes up for recently-updated fanfics.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 09:41 AM   #869
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Patch request: An option to disable the 'mark as finished?' prompt that comes up if a book is over 95% finished and has a last-read date of over a month ago. It sometimes comes up for recently-updated fanfics.
This controlled by an entry in the config file. The last time it was checked is stored. You can set it to a date in the future, as has been suggested for "LastAffiliateSyncTime". The two lines, with a date that is now about eight years in the future, are:

Quote:
MarkAsFinishedLastShown=@Variant(\0\0\0\x10\0%\x94 h\x3!>i\x2)
MarkAsUnreadLastShown=@Variant(\0\0\0\x10\0%\x94h\ x3!>i\x2)
Old 08-17-2022, 05:12 AM   #870
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Hi there, as we know, there are three types of info about the reading progress can be displayed in the header/footer:
1. Pages left in chapter/book
2. Percent of chapter/book read
3. Time remaining in chapter/book

I'm wondering is it possible to show more than one type in the header/footer such as:
ChapterName 10 mins to go, 10 / 100 or ChapterName 10 % read, 10 / 100
or even three types in it at the same time?
This is the patch I would be most happy with. I would LOVE to have time remaining in book and percentage displayed at the same time.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests