Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 03-31-2006, 05:28 PM   #46
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Hi,

I have tried one relatively short text file (~50 kb), the software (installed without any problems on first try) did it fast to a ~80 kb Wolf file which looks just great on my screen. Very ease to maneuvre with the buttons included in the viewer. I took a snagit jpg-picture of a page as seen in the Wolf viewer and I include it here as an attachement. I really like how it looks on my screen, if only I could buy one Jinke reade I would do it .

Liviu

[QUOTE=maple]Hi Moonraker
I’m sure the software can work well now. You can try it again.
http://www.jinke.com.cn/compagesql/E...nter/index.asp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JinkeV2_test.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1026  
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:33 PM   #47
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Moonraker: Not defending or anything, but I guess they simply had to release the software...v8 is officially released in China now. (which of course, is intended for chinese market)
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2006, 02:02 AM   #48
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Wrong picture earlier

Hi,

I posted the wrong picture of the Jinke reader/viewer since there are two wolf file readers that I downloaded, and it seems that the one that approximates the Jinke V2 is the Wolf viewer while earlier I used Wolf reader which approximates an earlier non e-ink Jinke reader. I include the picture of the same page from the same file (approximately since the pagination is different) with the correct viewer. The problems mentioned by other people appear here. I tried the print option too, however the resulting file while indeed does not have the chinese characters problem, does not display as nicely as this one. So ultimately I think that we really need hands on experience with the actual reader. I am still very interested in Jinke or Sony reader and I hope they become available soon.
Once again sorry for the mistake in my earlier post.

Liviu
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JinkeV2_test1.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1027  
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:41 AM   #49
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5
however the resulting file while indeed does not have the chinese characters problem, does not display as nicely as this one.
My first attempt (printing from MSWord) was not good enouhg (in Wolf viewer right part of all lines was outside of a paper screen).

But when I checked print properties (in MSword) - there was pointed A4 paper. I changed it to Hanlin paper and everyting became OK. The new test book counts about 370 pages insted of 175 A4.

In the evening I can put printscreen of my testbook.

Moreover, the file size of new well-done test book redused from 7,5 mb to 4,5 mb ))
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:54 AM   #50
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by luag
Moonraker: Not defending or anything, but I guess they simply had to release the software...v8 is officially released in China now. (which of course, is intended for chinese market)

Luag, of course you are correct. V8 software should be available to the Chinese market.
But Jinke did not have to give English access to this software for the V2. I think this was overly generous of them. I would like to see it clearly stated on their website that this software is unfinished for the English market.
I do believe that Jinke have a very good hardware product with the Hanlin e-ink reader. They sound like a nice company and I wish them well. I am seriously considering purchasing the V2 providing they can get the software in up to scratch.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2006, 11:45 PM   #51
RickBoatright
RickBoatright began at the beginning.

availability of V2 and V8 in the US

Is there anyone we can contact about availability of V2 and V8 models in the US. A Major SF publisher is interested in bundling content on an e-ink hardware platform but we have been unable to get a reply from anyone about sales into the US.

Thanks

Rick
RickBoatright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #52
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
well...the v8 is for china...so you won't get that I guess...and the V2 should be out in june/july in US, so I guess you'll have to wait.

Maple here on the forums should be able to answer any qustions though...and hanlin have answered all my questions by email in a 24hour timescale...so that should work as well...
how did you try to reach tehm?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #53
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I tried the new Hanlin software...it actually works on my computer now...the printer and the reader/creator.
The problem is that the resulting text is not really usable...lines are broken strangely and stuff like that...but I guess they could fix that easily...so there is hope.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:15 AM   #54
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
V8 Manual thoughts.

I was looking at the V8 manual on Jinke's site (link) -- it's rather techy about refreshing the images on some pages for some reason, but I was able to bang on it a bit and actually read about 6 of the 14 pages.

I ran across a few interesting items in it on page 3:

The first is a mention and diagram of a "copyright card." I'm wondering what that's about. I don't suppose Maple is still monitoring this thread, but perhaps he's still out there and might explain a bit more.

The second is mention of the fact that you can can charge the batt in ~3 hours (unsurprising, as it's a standard cell phone battery, but good to know).

The third is that you can charge said battery from a USB connection (in addition to the standard wall-brick type charger).

That would be nice, not having to carry a charger for your e-reader if you've got your laptop along, or you're going somewhere where you'll have access to a 'puter with a USB port....

Of course, not having to charge the rascal for a week or two at a time would be best, but I'm the sort that will always carry a charger for the 'tronix I take with me on a trip of any length. Just compulsive that way, I suppose.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:11 AM   #55
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Right now I am just wondering what's happening to the status of the Hanlin reader. It seemed to have disappeared off the radar. No news or updates on its release dates. No new reviews whatsoever. hmmm anyone with updates?

My country's government dole out some funds to everyone across the country recently and it went to a new Sharp Zaurus C1000. hehe ... it would have been a Jinke Hanlin reader if it was available, but oh well ...

It's doing what I want and more. I just wonder when the Hanlin will be out. There might be sufficient funds left to get the Hanlin V8 if not V2 ...

Maple, any ideas when it will be ready?
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:36 AM   #56
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

Smart Card in V2 Hanlin Reader

I was told it is a Smart Card similar to a telephone SIM Card. I have asked if it can read any ebooks that have DRM in the western world. My initial feeling is that it does not. The V2 is more open than Sony and less priced than the Iliad so would otherwise be the perfect choice - but no ebooks for an ebook reader is a serious issue. Still....I think I will buy it!

Quote fromk "May" of "Jinke"
The device has a smart card which is similar as SIM card of mobile phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I was looking at the V8 manual on Jinke's site (link) -- it's rather techy about refreshing the images on some pages for some reason, but I was able to bang on it a bit and actually read about 6 of the 14 pages.

I ran across a few interesting items in it on page 3:

The first is a mention and diagram of a "copyright card." I'm wondering what that's about. I don't suppose Maple is still monitoring this thread, but perhaps he's still out there and might explain a bit more.

The second is mention of the fact that you can can charge the batt in ~3 hours (unsurprising, as it's a standard cell phone battery, but good to know).

The third is that you can charge said battery from a USB connection (in addition to the standard wall-brick type charger).

That would be nice, not having to carry a charger for your e-reader if you've got your laptop along, or you're going somewhere where you'll have access to a 'puter with a USB port....

Of course, not having to charge the rascal for a week or two at a time would be best, but I'm the sort that will always carry a charger for the 'tronix I take with me on a trip of any length. Just compulsive that way, I suppose.
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:46 AM   #57
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

Ebooks for V2

Okay, lets say I buy a V2.

Where can I buy ebooks (latest novels etc) that will work with it?

What other uses could it really be used for that would be practical?
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:42 AM   #58
maple
maple began at the beginning.

Hi friends, long time no see. I got the news that the sample of V2 will be expected to be availalble by the end of June. And I also heard that the v8 got a good market responses. Recently, Jinke will increase the output of V8. And they're talking the business cooperation with some European companies.
maple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:41 AM   #59
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Hi maple!
Nice of you to come over here and inform us. This shows us that Jinke cares about it's prospective customers...^^

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:29 AM   #60
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maple
And they're talking the business cooperation with some European companies.
Wonderful news. Please keep us updated!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote