Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-24-2023, 02:26 PM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Do not use "Open With" plugin in Calibre to launch Sigil. My guess is two different Qt plugins are causing problems.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 02:35 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialou View Post
Thank you everyone for the answers and help.

I'm doing tests to try to find out what will really solve the problem.

Yesterday I checked the video drivers and Windows came back with the message that they are all up to date.
Don't use Windows Update for newer video drivers. Go to the site of whoever made your video card and see if there is a newer driver.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2023, 09:05 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't use Windows Update for newer video drivers. Go to the site of whoever made your video card and see if there is a newer driver.
I agree. Also don't use the manufacturer's update (I'm looking at you Dell). I have a laptop that would have had its last video driver update over four years ago had I relied only upon Windows and/or Dell for updates.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:08 AM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Do not use "Open With" plugin in Calibre to launch Sigil. My guess is two different Qt plugins are causing problems.
At the very least, don't fail to mention that you typically launch Sigil via a Calibre "Open With" feature/plugin when reporting issues.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 11:53 AM   #20
Ialou
Ialou began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I don't open Sigil via Calibre.
I open it using the shortcut pinned to my toolbar or directly in the file/open with...
Ialou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2023, 11:55 AM   #21
Ialou
Ialou began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

I will try this.
Ialou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 12:56 AM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you look under Preferences => General Settings => Advanced, you can check the Disable GPU Acceleration in QTWebEngine box to disable GPU acceleration for Sigil.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote