Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-14-2023, 10:33 PM   #1
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
202 resize window issue.

Weird thing.
I run a detached preview on a second monitor. (pretty much as I have done for years)
I resized the main (made smaller) Sigil, the preview shrunk.
I enlarged the main and the preview shrunk even more.

A few cycles of this and the preview was a postage stamp.
I could grab it and make it larger.

I don't remember seeing this issue before today . W10 did an update an hour before.
Anyone else seeing this?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 10:54 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It also happens on a single monitor - Win 10, Sigil 2.0.2

If I move or resize the main window that has a detached Preview window (or any other detached window) alongside it, the latter shrinks with each move or resize. Happens with a mouse or Alt+Space M/S.

Given the history of these sort of glitches it's much more likely to be Qt than Windows 10.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-15-2023 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Add: "(or any other det…)"
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2023, 08:04 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
It is a Qt bug. That exact bug is in the QTBUG database here:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-118217

and here

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-118118

and the fix is here:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/510660

It is a Window's specific bug.

Unfortunately Qt 6.5.4 with this fix has not and will not be open sourced for a full year.

So we will need to extract that fix and apply it somehow for Qt 6.5.3 for the next release.

Update: Just for the record, grabbed that official fix diff and attached it here so nothing gets lost.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 614e0f1.diff.zip (1.8 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by KevinH; 11-15-2023 at 10:27 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote