Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-02-2023, 10:07 AM   #1
Sargont
Sargont began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Background image. Not work

My apologies if the subject has been discussed before. I have not found it.

I have prepared a catalog of my books loaded into Calibre using the included function.
I also wanted to separate the books by genre, and add a page with the Contents to easily go to where desired.
All this I add with Sigil (1.7.0) to the Catalog. And I would like to place, in some introductory pages with text, a background image.
It has been impossible for me to get it, but strangely it works with the cover generated by Calibre. If I replace the cover with another image (with the same name), it does not appear on the inside pages. Does the generic image used by Calibre have any special properties?
Thanks
Sargont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 10:13 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
No "special" properties. But I'm sure it's manifested under a certain name/location in the opf and is linked to with the proper xhtml. You'll need to do the same with any image you want to use in its place.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2023, 11:47 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Also is a separate css file is used to set the background image it will be name specific and will need to be updated. Also remember to link in that css file to your xhtml file.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote