Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-21-2023, 01:47 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Interesting. It manifests as an unhandled .Net runtime exception
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 02:28 PM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Could it be caused by compiling against a different .Net runtime library?
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2023, 02:30 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy View Post
In version 1.9.30 when I right click everything is ok.
That doesn't count. It has to be tested on 2.0.0.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 02:33 PM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
@JSWolf,
I asked for it to be tested there. Sigil 1.9.30 uses Qt5 while Sigil-2.0.0 uses the latest Qt6. Unless you are actively helping to test this bug in Sigil-2.0.0 please do not interfere.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:40 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Of course it counts for god's sake. Stay out of stuff you know nothing about!
Advert
Old 08-21-2023, 02:45 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Could it be caused by compiling against a different .Net runtime library?
Could be. But it's never mattered before. It might be a red herring actually. I'm seeing .Net crashes associated with various applications on my laptop right now. I'll need to wait until I have access to my dev machine to do more checking.

There must be something different about the way the context menu for that folder is built that Qt6 doesn't like. Nothing else makes sense to me right now.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:51 PM   #22
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I get the exact same crash on macOS arm64. I borrowed my wife's laptop and installed Sigil in it just to check.

The backtrace from the CrashReport is:

Code:
Thread 0 Crashed:: CrBrowserMain Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Sigil                                    0x10127eacc OPFModel::GetResourceType(QStandardItem const*) + 288
1   Sigil                                    0x10127eacc OPFModel::GetResourceType(QStandardItem const*) + 288
2   Sigil                                    0x1012683a0 BookBrowser::SuccessfullySetupContextMenu(QPoint const&) + 144
3   Sigil                                    0x101268254 BookBrowser::OpenContextMenu(QPoint const&) + 32
4   QtCore                                   0x10423b464 0x104188000 + 734308
5   QtWidgets                                0x103be760c QWidget::event(QEvent*) + 3032
6   QtWidgets                                0x103c6f964 QFrame::event(QEvent*) + 56
7   QtWidgets                                0x103e2b2b0 QAbstractItemView::viewportEvent(QEvent*) + 1040
8   QtWidgets                                0x103e9ebb0 QTreeView::viewportEvent(QEvent*) + 328
9   QtCore                                   0x1041f1028 QCoreApplicationPrivate::sendThroughObjectEventFilters(QObject*, QEvent*) + 244
10  QtWidgets                                0x103b919c4 QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) + 220
11  QtWidgets                                0x103b93588 QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) + 3596
12  QtCore                                   0x1041f0d54 QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) + 292
13  QtWidgets                                0x103bfbdfc 0x103b84000 + 491004
14  QtWidgets                                0x103bfaed0 0x103b84000 + 487120
15  QtWidgets                                0x103b919f0 QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) + 264
16  QtWidgets                                0x103b9297c QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) + 512
17  QtCore                                   0x1041f0d54 QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) + 292
18  QtGui                                    0x104987308
The only thing I can think of is that I probably introduced this crash somehow when I added PDF Resource support which lives in the Misc Folder.

My wife's laptop has no dev tooling so I can not track this down now. But I will once I get home this evening or tomorrow morning.
Old 08-21-2023, 03:12 PM   #23
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Yes, from staring at the changes in OPFModel to support PDF, I see where I messed up as the Misc Folder itself does not have a specific resource type as Misc now holds resources of many types including pdfs. My way of handling that won't work for the Misc folder itself.

Since this is a glaring crash (and I hate crashes - especially ones due to my own stupidity), We will work on a fast follow-up release Sigil 2.0.1 with this fixed and any other crashes that are reported until we get the follow-up produced. As Qt6.5 is more on the bleeding edge, there may be other issues pop-up.

That said, this crash will only happen by right clicking on the Misc folder itself. Right clicking on something inside the Misc folder should still work. And right clicking anywhere else should work fine. As should the rest of Sigil.

Thanks for the bug report and all testers for reporting back. We will get this fixed as soon as possible.

Last edited by KevinH; 08-21-2023 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-21-2023, 03:19 PM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I tried all the folders visible and Misc is the only one that crashes. Windows Event Viewer shows the following:
Code:
EventData 

AppName Sigil.exe 
  AppVersion 2.0.0.0 
  AppTimeStamp 64e0c11c 
  ModuleName Sigil.exe 
  ModuleVersion 2.0.0.0 
  ModuleTimeStamp 64e0c11c 
  ExceptionCode c0000005 
  FaultingOffset 00000000002d5fe3 
  ProcessId 0x69c 
  ProcessCreationTime 0x1d9d463954ce2ae 
  AppPath C:\Program Files\Sigil\Sigil.exe 
  ModulePath C:\Program Files\Sigil\Sigil.exe 
  IntegratorReportId 0829ea6d-915e-420c-abf8-de357f3c9a9b
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 05:39 PM   #25
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
I also get the Misc crash using an Intel Mac on Monterey.
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 07:20 PM   #26
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Yes, it is a real "thinko" bug on my part. Guaranteed to segfault on every platform. The fix is known and will be out soon.
Old 08-21-2023, 08:49 PM   #27
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
It's nice to know that @KevinH did not target a single platform with this bug.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 10:26 PM   #28
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Yes - this truly was platform agnostic!

FYI - the fix to this bug was made, tested, and just pushed to master. We may wait a short bit in case there are other critical crashing bug coming - but so far so good.

If you build your own, you can grab Sigil master now or just grab the changed Sigil/src/MainUI/OPFModel.cpp file.

Again, thanks to everyone who either found and reported the bug or tested and reported back so quickly.

You all all helping to make Sigil better, and we appreciate it!

I have my fingers crossed that this will be the only serious bug.

Last edited by KevinH; 08-21-2023 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2023, 11:50 PM   #29
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Am I the only one with the issue I mentioned earlier? I've tried reinstalling fresh and it didn't help the issue at all. As far as I'm aware I don't have anything odd going on with my dual monitor setup, but it's odd that no one else has mentioned it.

(I don't mean to rush; I'm happy keeping with 1.9.20 for the moment; I just want to see if its on the radar).
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 03:50 AM   #30
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Great to see the update.

I have a different crashing issue on macOS Ventura, Apple Silicon. Trying to add an existing file, an image, it seems to occur either when navigating to a particular folder or selecting some file. I'm not sure if it's one or the other or both. Tried 4 or 5 times so far without success. It seems to not happen until I navigate to some folder with images. If it helps, here's the crash log.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sigil-2023-08-22-004403.ips.zip (12.1 KB, 38 views)
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote