Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 05:49 AM   #1966
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLimu View Post
The Ark — Patrick S. Tomlinson and Silent Hall — N. S. Dolkart for free at https://www.angryrobotbooks.com/books/sale/ and also some other book at sale. Should be available worldwide. Edit: All books are DRM-free epub and mobi
'Silent Hall' is not showing as free for me; 'The Ark' is though so thanks for that.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:27 AM   #1967
rrrlakin
shu-shu
rrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: two Astak PP/various kindles
free at kindle us

both free at kindle us --or were yesterday evening.

Bob
rrrlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2018, 12:55 PM   #1968
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrlakin View Post
both free at kindle us --or were yesterday evening.

Bob
Woo! That made me look at amazon.co.uk and it's free there too: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-Hall.../dp/B07J67FMQL

Thanks!

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:30 PM   #1969
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Sorry I'm not giving links with this, but there are several books of interest on sale presumably at all the major retailers, but I only checked Amazon and Kobo, and these are in the Amazon Daily Deal:

Leviathan Wakes, $2.99: Book 1 of the Expanse series, which is also a series on SyFy channel.

The Robots of Gotham, $2.99: Takes place in war-torn Chicago of 2083, after AIs become transcendant and rule many countries. I just finished reading it from a library copy, and liked it enough that I bought it. While it is self-contained, there are a lot of open threads that I expect a sequel.

Slade House, $1.99: By the author of Cloud Atlas, a sort of haunted house story.

Lovecraft Country, $1.99: Jim Crow America with Lovecraftian horrow from a black perspective.

The End of the World Running Club, $2.99: Post-apocalyptic novel about a guy stuck about 500 miles from home.

Joyland, $0.99: Stephen King novel about a murder in an amusement park, with a little bit of supernatural.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:20 PM   #1970
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Mirror of Her Dreams, by Stephen Donaldson, is on sale at Amazon US for $1.99.

Donaldson's books don't go on sale often so grab quickly if you want it.

This is the first book of his "Mordant's Need" duology. I haven't read it in decades but remember enjoying it perhaps a bit more than the Thomas Covenant series.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #1971
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
The downside is, the second half of the story, A Man Rides Through is overpriced and never discounted.

Great read, though.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #1972
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Wow. I wonder what mirror Random House believes the world has slipped through that they think this is a universe where people will pay $15.99 for an ebook copy of a Stephen R. Donaldson backlist title?

(That's what they're charging in Canada on Amazon and Kobo.)
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #1973
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Wow. I wonder what mirror Random House believes the world has slipped through that they think this is a universe where people will pay $15.99 for an ebook copy of a Stephen R. Donaldson backlist title?

(That's what they're charging in Canada on Amazon and Kobo.)
In the rest of the world it's published by SF Gateway and is £3.99 in the UK (about $5).

ETA: Just noticed that the omnibus edition of the two books is also £3.99 .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mordants-Ne.../dp/B005694TKW

I think this must be some kind of sale, because I see I bought this book in 2013 and paid £8.99 (for the omnibus, that is).

Last edited by HarryT; 10-23-2018 at 01:51 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #1974
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
There isn't an omnibus in the US; there's just a bundle with the two books in it. "A Man Rides Through" is $11.99 in the US, which is definitely more than the typical novel that is decades old.

Edit: I grab the sales priced books partly as a way to vote with my dollars to let the book companies know that I'm willing to buy more books at lower prices.

Last edited by GlennD; 10-23-2018 at 02:29 PM.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #1975
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Yet another reason for me to find time to travel to the UK... like being physically in England will let me purchase an ebook or ten there.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #1976
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
Yet another reason for me to find time to travel to the UK... like being physically in England will let me purchase an ebook or ten there.
You could try just signing up for an Amazon UK account.
I'm in the UK, but buy books from both UK and US sites with no issues (using different email accounts). It used to be that you had to jump though hoops by sending gift cards to yourself, but now I just use my UK credit card and they don't seem to care.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #1977
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
You could try just signing up for an Amazon UK account.
I'm in the UK, but buy books from both UK and US sites with no issues (using different email accounts). It used to be that you had to jump though hoops by sending gift cards to yourself, but now I just use my UK credit card and they don't seem to care.
If you are in the US I wonder if you have to give a UK address?
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #1978
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
If you are in the US I wonder if you have to give a UK address?
I don't know about Amazon UK, but with Kobo, they only seem to care about having a postal code that is valid for the country.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:40 AM   #1979
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kobo makes it very easy to "travel" if one wishes. When I tried doing an AmazonUK account I got a nastygram from Amazon.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:47 AM   #1980
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I set up my Kindle UK account while I was in the UK on business, and just used my hotel's address. I didn't really think it would work, because I thought that even though I was actually in the UK right then, having an address that didn't match my credit card would probably cause trouble with the charges. But so far, and it's been many years, no issues. I've even been able to update the credit card twice for new expiration dates. Fingers always crossed, but so far, so good.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote