Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #1906
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
The wind has gone broke and is down to it's last $3. Donations are being taken at Amazon.com.

Ursula K. Le Guin The Wind's Twelve Quarters: A Story for $1.99.
The Birthday of the World is also $1.99.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #1907
Kacetwo
Connoisseur
Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Bookburners by Max Gladstone et al. is now available at Amazon UK for £2.64. I've been waiting for this to drop below £3.00 for a while now. I really liked his craft sequence, so even though this is not just Max Gladstone, I want it.
I got series one from Serial Box for $1.99 (I am in the UK so you can get it with a little work) and with the audio episodes included. I am not saying this is not a deal, only if you keep an eye out for Serial Box promotions you may be able to get more for less. They seem to run them every so often but as they just had one last month for a series for $1.99 it might be a while yet

https://www.serialbox.com/serials/bookburners
Kacetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #1908
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Against the Fall of Night by Arthur C Clarke has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Against-Fall-...dp/B07H197GV7/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/aga...all-of-night-1

Spoiler:
Quote:
The renowned science fiction author’s landmark novel of the last human born on a far future world—and his quest for the truth about existence.

Living in the ten-billion-year-old city of Diaspar, Alvin is the last child born of humanity, and he is intensely curious about the outside world. But according to the oldest histories kept by the city fathers, there is no outside world—it was destroyed by the Invaders millions of years ago.

One day, Alvin finds a rock with an inscription seemingly meant for him: “There is a better way. Give my greetings to the Keeper of the Records. Alaine of Lyndar.” This cryptic message takes Alvin on a quest to discover humanity’s true past—and its future.

Originally published in the November 1948 issue of Startling Stories, Against the Fall of Night is a rich and intensely poetic vision of a distant future that’s sure to delight fans of Clarke and science fiction as a genre.

“Arthur C. Clarke is one of the truly prophetic figures of the space age . . . The colossus of science fiction.” —The New Yorker
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #1909
brown.ml
brown.ml began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD and Forma
Did not search the entire thread, but a good source of free Science Fiction/Fantasy ebooks is Baen Books' Free Library. They are published in multiple formats without DRM.

https://www.baen.com/allbooks/category/index/id/2012

In addition, a number years ago Baen used to include a CD in the back cover of their hard cover books that had previous works of that author and others. That is how I got a start on my collection I manage with Caliber. Probably worth checking for hard cover Baen books in second hand book stores
brown.ml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:36 AM   #1910
SpaceCowboy1964
Enthusiast
SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOKcolor, NOOK for Android app, Kindle for PC app, Kindle for Android
For that matter if you just want a copy of the CD's and not necessarily the book they came in there is a website that hosts ISO zips and CD zips of them. It has permission from BAEN to host them for downloading so that is not an issue. In fact looking at my copy that I have of one of them that wasn't even needed though it was granted since the CD says right on it that it can be shared or copies given away but not sold.

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown.ml View Post
Did not search the entire thread, but a good source of free Science Fiction/Fantasy ebooks is Baen Books' Free Library. They are published in multiple formats without DRM.

https://www.baen.com/allbooks/category/index/id/2012

In addition, a number years ago Baen used to include a CD in the back cover of their hard cover books that had previous works of that author and others. That is how I got a start on my collection I manage with Caliber. Probably worth checking for hard cover Baen books in second hand book stores
SpaceCowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2018, 03:34 PM   #1911
orangekiwi
Addict
orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paperwhite
Raven's Strike (Raven series book 2) by Patricia Briggs is currently on sale in the US for $1.99

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/raven-s-strike
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OCXHVI
orangekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:36 PM   #1912
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
In today's Amazon.co.uk Kindle Daily Deal:

His Dark Materials, by Philip Pullman, the complete trilogy is £2.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/His-Dark-Ma...6719620&sr=1-1

Last edited by maddz; 09-11-2018 at 10:38 PM.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:17 AM   #1913
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
In today's Amazon.co.uk Kindle Daily Deal:

His Dark Materials, by Philip Pullman, the complete trilogy is £2.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/His-Dark-Ma...6719620&sr=1-1
That’s excellent - one of my favourite series. The Kindle editions of the individual books in the series are £4.99 each, so a good saving.

Last edited by HarryT; 09-12-2018 at 04:20 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #1914
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Several Arthur C Clarke titles have dropped to $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable). Titles are:
  • Against the Fall of Night
  • Songs of Distant Earth
  • Earthlight
  • A Fall of Moondust
  • The Hammer of God
  • The Sands of Mars
  • Islands in the Sky
The links have a few strays...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/?se...price-asc-rank
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?Qu...cmaxprice=3.09
Old 09-15-2018, 01:37 PM   #1915
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Sea of Rust by C. Robert Cargill is $1.99 once again. Harper Voyager 2017. GR 4.10

Quote:
One robot's search for meaning in a world where every human is long gone. A thrilling twist on The Martian.

A touching story of a search one robot's search for the answers in a world where every human is dead. The new novel from C. Robert Cargill echoes the worlds of Stephen King and Ray Bradbury. It is another The Martian but with a very surprising protagonist.

It is thirty years since the humans lost their war with the artificial intelligences that were once their slaves. Not one human remains. But as the dust settled from our extinction there was no easy peace between the robots that survived. Instead, the two massively powerful artificially intelligent supercomputers that led them to victory now vie for control of the bots that remain, assimilating them into enormous networks called One World Intelligences (OWIs), absorbing their memories and turning them into mere extensions of the whole. Now the remaining freebots wander wastelands that were once warzones, picking the carcasses of the lost for the precious dwindling supply of parts they need to survive.
https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=45OyDQAAQBAJ
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #1916
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy1964 View Post
For that matter if you just want a copy of the CD's and not necessarily the book they came in there is a website that hosts ISO zips and CD zips of them. It has permission from BAEN to host them for downloading so that is not an issue. In fact looking at my copy that I have of one of them that wasn't even needed though it was granted since the CD says right on it that it can be shared or copies given away but not sold.

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/
I have those. Some good reading there.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:51 AM   #1917
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Today's "Kindle Big Deal" from Amazon UK is six books from Joe Abercrombie; the three books of the "First Law" trilogy, and three other novels set in the same world:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031

I really enjoyed all these books, but be warned that they do have EXTREMELY graphic descriptions of violence and torture, so not books for the squeamish.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #1918
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Artemis by Andy Weir and The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi are two of several $3 deals at Amazon US today.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss...rd_i=154606011

Last edited by mewmartigan; 09-17-2018 at 07:53 AM.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:48 AM   #1919
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories by Angela Carter is 99p on Amazon.co.uk Daily Deal today:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/produc...d_i=5400977031
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:23 AM   #1920
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I, Robot by Isaac Asimov has dropped to $2.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FC1PW0
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/i-robot

Spoiler:
Quote:
Here are stories of robots gone mad, of mind-read robots, and robots with a sense of humor. Of robot politicians, and robots who secretly run the world—all told with the dramatic blend of science fact and science fiction that has become Asmiov’s trademark.

The three laws of Robotics:

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

With these three, simple directives, Isaac Asimov changed our perception of robots forever when he formulated the laws governing their behavior. In I, Robot, Asimov chronicles the development of the robot through a series of interlinked stories: from its primitive origins in the present to its ultimate perfection in the not-so-distant future—a future in which humanity itself may be rendered obsolete.