Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-19-2018, 06:21 AM   #1876
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by specficwriter View Post
It was a novel that I could tell I should like, but I really just could never get into it.
Same here - slogged most of the way through then had to switch to an expiring library borrow and never bothered to go back. I just couldn't work up any interest in any of the characters. Or maybe I've been spoiled by The Expanse...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #1877
orangekiwi
Addict
orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paperwhite
Daughter of the Empire by Janny Wurts & Raymond E. Feist (Riftwar Cycle: The Empire Trilogy #1) is currently on sale in the US for $1.99

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/dau...f-the-empire-2
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073TJH5XR/

I read these a long time ago but really enjoyed the series
orangekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #1878
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Three titles by John Christopher, perhaps best known for his Tripods series, have dropped to $0.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Fireball, first in the Fireball trilogy
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TBKYKRE
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/fireball-2

Dragon Dance, third in the Fireball trilogy
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TBKYKJM
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/dragon-dance-3

In the Beginning
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O660194
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/in-the-beginning-59

Last edited by sufue; 08-21-2018 at 09:13 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #1879
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
From Arc Manor / Phoenix Pick:

Friday by Robert Heinlein is on sale on Amazon for $2.99 (regular $6.99). Why only on Amazon? its an Amazon special which they set up. The sale runs all of August. This is a US only sale because of rights that we own.

bernie

P.S.

Heinlein special starting soon August 20th which will run for all major online retailers in the US (Kobo, Apple, BN and Amazon). Podkayne of Mars will be reduced in price from $6.99 to $2.99 for these three days.
Hello, what about this Heinlein sale? Where can I Find news about it ?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:45 PM   #1880
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Shadowspawn, by Andrew J Offut (a Thieves' World Novel) is currently 99p on Amazon.co.uk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XDKLR76
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #1881
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Shadowspawn, by Andrew J Offut (a Thieves' World Novel) is currently 99p on Amazon.co.uk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XDKLR76
It's also 99 cents at Amazon US.

EReaderIQ has it at $3.99 in May 2018 so I'm assuming this it is a sale price here too.

I hope the Thieves' World anthologies start being released, I haven't been able to find them digitally. I've assumed that with so many authors that the rights are kind of wonky.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:18 PM   #1882
SpaceCowboy1964
Enthusiast
SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOKcolor, NOOK for Android app, Kindle for PC app, Kindle for Android
And I got it for free in April of the same year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
It's also 99 cents at Amazon US.

EReaderIQ has it at $3.99 in May 2018 so I'm assuming this it is a sale price here too.

I hope the Thieves' World anthologies start being released, I haven't been able to find them digitally. I've assumed that with so many authors that the rights are kind of wonky.
SpaceCowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:36 AM   #1883
Avice
Zealot
Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
One-day sale from publisher Angry Robot Books: "Congratulations to everyone getting their GCSE results today - hope they're what you wanted! And whether they are or not, get 50% off any book on our website today with this code: GCSEWIN50% https://bit.ly/ARNewBooks "

Via Twitter https://twitter.com/angryrobotbooks/...70626094059520
Avice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:54 AM   #1884
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Two JRR Tolkien titles are $2.99 as part of the US Kindle Daily Deal, matched at Kobo US.

Beren and Lúthien
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Beren-Lúthien...dp/B01MG2HOWD/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/beren-and-luthien-1
Spoiler:
Quote:
“A good introduction to LOTR fans nervous about taking on The Silmarillion, and also gives longtime fans a fascinating look at the Tolkiens’ myth-making process.”—EntertainmentWeekly.com

“A beautiful book.”—San Antonio Express-News

“With eloquence and diligence and care, the son reconstructs and retraces the father’s journey, pursuing the tale through draft after draft as Tolkien pursued his vision of Middle-earth.”—NPR.org

The epic tale of Beren and Lúthien became an essential element in the evolution of The Silmarillion, the myths and legends of J.R.R. Tolkien’s First Age of the World. Always key to the story is the fate that shadowed their love: Beren was a mortal man, Lúthien an immortal Elf. Her father, a great Elvish lord, imposed on Beren an impossible task before he might wed Lúthien: to rob the greatest of all evil beings, Melkor, of a Silmaril.

Painstakingly restored from Tolkien’s manuscripts and presented for the first time as a continuous and standalone story, Beren and Lúthien reunites fans of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings with Elves and Men, along with the rich landscape and creatures unique to Tolkien’s Middle-earth. Christopher Tolkien tells the story in his father’s own words by giving its original form as well as prose and verse passages from later texts that illustrate the narrative as it changed.

The Children of Húrin
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Children-Húri...dp/B007978NKG/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...ren-of-hurin-1
Spoiler:
Quote:
The Children of Húrin is the first complete book by J.R.R.Tolkien since the 1977 publication of The Silmarillion. Six thousand years before the One Ring is destroyed, Middle-earth lies under the shadow of the Dark Lord Morgoth. The greatest warriors among elves and men have perished, and all is in darkness and despair. But a deadly new leader rises, Túrin, son of Húrin, and with his grim band of outlaws begins to turn the tide in the war for Middle-earth -- awaiting the day he confronts his destiny and the deadly curse laid upon him.

The paperback edition of The Children of Húrin includes eight color paintings by Alan Lee and a black-and-white map.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:50 PM   #1885
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Poseidon arises with his mighty trident to serve you trilogies at Amazon.com.

Nancy Springer Sea King Trilogy: Madbond, Mindbond, and Godbond for $3.99.

Robert Evert The Riddle in Stone Series for $1.99.

Mindy Klasky (a cheater who sneaks in five books) The Glasswrights Series for $3.99.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:01 PM   #1886
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One problem I have with this version [of Podkayne] is it uses Heinlein's original ending. I personally don't find the original ending as being suitable for the juvenile audience that the book was written for.
As it happens, last night I dug out my copy of the Baen release which included both endings and prompted readers to vote on which one should be used going forward. I’m going to use that to ensure that my ecopy of Podkayne includes both versions.

I also discovered my ancient, polybagged copy of The Worlds of Robert A. Heinlein in the same cache. I’m rather tempted to scan its cover and reassemble the volume as an ebook, just to have it. As I recall, Expanded Universe (inexplicably published as two ebooks) contains everything in Worlds, so it ought to be a fairly simple matter of assembling the proper bits in the correct order. I wish it were as easy to get an ecopy of The Number of the Beast, another book in that cache, but apparently not.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:11 AM   #1887
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
As it happens, last night I dug out my copy of the Baen release which included both endings and prompted readers to vote on which one should be used going forward. I’m going to use that to ensure that my ecopy of Podkayne includes both versions.
I was doing some cleaning in the basement a few years back and found my If magazines from 1962-63 in which Podkayne of Mars was serialized. Sadly, the condition was best described as pathetic -- spending 45 years jammed in a cardboard box is probably not recommended as an archival storage method.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:45 AM   #1888
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
A bit late I know: in the UK Kindle Daily Deal:

Patrick Rothfuss: The Slow Regard of Silent Things: A Kingkiller Novella is 99p today.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...d_i=5400977031
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #1889
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Glen Cook's The Black Company is this month's Tor freebie.

Tor.com’s eBook of the Month Club
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:22 PM   #1890
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I think Tor did two freebies this month, but I missed the other while I was on vacation.

If anyone is a Brian Jacques' Redwall fan, the first three, and #17 and #21 are on sale for $1.99 at Amazon and Kobo, and probably every other US retailer.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote