Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-30-2018, 02:58 PM   #32041
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Welcome back then, eschwartz! Your name and avatar are so familiar that it just seemed like old times, to see them. I.E. like normal!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #32042
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I did it again. I just ordered pens. In YouTube videos I saw a lot of people using the Pilot Coleto and it looked like a nice pen. So I just ordered two barrels (?), one for three styli and one for four styli. They were cheap and I wanted to try out which I like best, in general I don't like thick pens. I've also ordered a pack of 15 different colours of styli, since they're so easily changed out of the barrel.

I just keep telling myself that I ordered only two pens, because I just can't justify having ordered 15 pens.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #32043
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I have a slight pen addiction myself.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #32044
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@Rumpelteazer: There's a name for that: stilophile, from the Latin stylus.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #32045
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Why are flip-flops and bedroom slippers made in combo sizes 7-8 and 9-10, so if you wear size 8.5 neither fits? The flip-flops are less of an issue since they don't have to fit very well, but I have one pair of slippers that are too small & tight and another pair that are too big and floppy
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #32046
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
@Rumpelteazer: There's a name for that: stilophile, from the Latin stylus.
That is a good definition for me. Even before it was thing I really liked pens.

I also love stickers. But I've found a way to not buy them anymore: I make them (either design them myself or get them for free from Pinterest or buy them for a couple of Euros from Etsy) and print & cut them myself.

That won't work for pens, though it would be cool if I could make them myself.

Luckily I'm not addicted to expensive pens. I was very happy when I got my 48 gel pen set, which was around €10.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #32047
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
They closed the park! Indefinitely!! Because the think that maybe, there just might, if the lava lake drops another undetermined number of feet, be steam explosions in Halema`uma`u. And I've already paid for my reservation for a cabin at Kilauea Military Camp in September. Now I'm hanging out on making airline and rental car reservations. Thank God, I haven't made them yet as I'm pretty sure they're not refundable.

Kilauea summit caldera is my very favorite place in the world, and I was so looking forward to visiting with Tūtū Pele again.

Last edited by wodin; 05-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:03 PM   #32048
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
It's at least possible that the park might re-open by then, if Kilauea settles down and behaves herself. But right now? Not looking very likely, I'm afraid.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #32049
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's still rather exciting, though, since I get to watch from several thousand miles away. I'm glad you are on a different island, and can watch the news with relative impunity.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #32050
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
They closed the park! Indefinitely!! Because the think that maybe, there just might, if the lava lake drops another undetermined number of feet, be steam explosions in Halema`uma`u. And I've already paid for my reservation for a cabin at Kilauea Military Camp in September. Now I'm hanging out on making airline and rental car reservations. Thank God, I haven't made them yet as I'm pretty sure they're not refundable.

Kilauea summit caldera is my very favorite place in the world, and I was so looking forward to visiting with Tūtū Pele again.
Wodin, maybe you can re-schedule for mid Jan 2019. I'll be on the BI then and maybe we can schedule a meet-up.

RSE
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #32051
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I chose September because my son and his wife will be visiting then, I wanted to show them Tūtū Pele's handiwork. I don't think they can change their airline reservations without penalty.

Spoiler:
He's one of us deplorables too.

Last edited by wodin; 05-14-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #32052
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I chose September because my son and his wife will be visiting then, I wanted to show them Tūtū Pele's handiwork. I don't think they can change their airline reservations without penalty.

Spoiler:
He's one of us deplorables too.
No problem. Family always first!
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:33 AM   #32053
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Sinusitis! Pollen has killed me! I want to rip the skin off the right side of my face! Bone pain is awful!

Going to doctor's office this afternoon
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #32054
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

I'm with you there - even though I have no (more)allergies. Just "non-allergic rhinitus", meaning there's no cause that they can fix. I'm already on 7 prescriptions, just for nose and lungs.

If he suggests anything non-prescription, let me know too!
Old 05-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #32055
wodin
Illiterate

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness