Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
Android app support destinations

I have a Droid 4. It exposes TWO SD USB drives to the Mac, but the Kindle reader (and most other readers) only access the "internal" one. So I need to tell Calibre to put it on that drive. AND it must put items in the Kindle sub-directory but ignores any "News" sub-folder so all news items must go in /kindle.

All of this Calibre can probably do. But not easily. I have set up the custom USB device (BTW, how do I clone it so I can have two different custom USB devices), but getting the sub-directory on the correct drive working has been royally challenging. Calibre doesn't distinguish "main memory" consistently, and won't take a label (e.g. a disk volume name) for it.

I've scanned through previous entries (e.g. http://oldbugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/8548) and I see that the default response it that it does do it, use this menu, but really it seems very hit-and-miss. I am getting different results with the same configuration.

Can we please get a more reliable destination-targeting system in place? How can I force it to choose a specific exposed-drive when two for the same device are exposed? It's not at all obvious to me how it's choosing the drives.
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
drive order is decided by the drive numbers reported by the device to the OS. If your device is reporting incinsistent drive numbers, you are out of luck. Use connect to folder in calibre in that case.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ase