Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-18-2023, 02:56 AM   #1
tonkabean
tonkabean began at the beginning.

Device: mobile
Angry E-book reader with media player button

E-book reader with media player button

I have created an e-book and added MP3 and MP4 files to it. However, I couldn't find an e-reader that has media playback functionality. I have tried Kindle, FBReader, Adobe Digital Editions, Google Play Books, and ReadEra, but none of these e-readers can play MP4 or MP3 files.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you.
tonkabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 08:39 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
In most situations, the onus is on the ebook creator to provide media controls--usually with javascript. Sigil's qtwebengine will provide a very basic set of controls if none are provided. But I don't have the first clue which reading devices/apps might provide similar defaults. If you want your epub3's media to be playable on the widest variety of devices/apps, then you probably shouldn't leave the media controls up to rendering engine defaults. You should code the controls yourself. Unfortunately, that's not something Sigil will do for you.

You should also check epub3 specs to see which codecs are required to be supported by compliant epub3 rendering systems.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 08:57 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Try actual epub3 readers like Thorium, ADE 4, iBooks, Kobo, etc. MP4 is a supported standard video format for epub3.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player button