Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favourite animal as a pet?
Cat 45 39.13%
Dog 51 44.35%
Rabbit 4 3.48%
Rat 1 0.87%
Fish 4 3.48%
Goat 3 2.61%
Other 7 6.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #46
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel;
yes actually i forgot to mention that, one of my cats is also really determined to prevent me from doing anything but pay attention to her. if i am working, she smacks my hand with her head and sends the mouse half way across the screen. and if i am reading... well, just look at the picture :

Shock!!! Horror!!! What are you doing reading a Pbook Madame Zelda
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:11 PM   #47
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post

because she doesn't have a Sony ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #48
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC;
because she doesn't have a Sony ....
Awww shucks! - of course! - I forgot
Old 06-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #49
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Oh, no! Zee is reading about OBSESSION (see image below)! Must be a book about the deepest, darkest inner doings of cats. They certainly are obsessed with certain things (and I won't horrify you with what those are). Let's just hope it's a book of curative potions. Back, you cat! Get back, Jack!
Name:  bookcat.bmp
Views: 272
Size:  625.1 KB
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #50
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #51
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beach2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	31055  
Attached Images

krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:02 AM   #52
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
hee ! actually, that book was like the official consecration of my conversion to ebooks. i don't know if you can tell from the photo, but it was so stiff (heavy paper, tightly bound) that it was almost painful to try to hold it open with one hand. my poor thumb really had to push to keep the thing from slamming shut. and since i didn't want to break the spine (it wasn't mine, and it's an out of print book which is very hard to find) i couldn't open it far enough to comfortably read the text nearest the binding. and the whole book was printed in sans serif font !!! i really was interested in the topic (it's a biography of tom waits) but in the end i gave up and returned it to my friend without finishing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Oh, no! Zee is reading about OBSESSION (see image below)! Must be a book about the deepest, darkest inner doings of cats. They certainly are obsessed with certain things (and I won't horrify you with what those are). Let's just hope it's a book of curative potions. Back, you cat! Get back, Jack!
obsession is right (see subject of book above) but sadly the only thing it cured me of was wanting to read paper books !

as for the things cats are obsessed with, hm, i think it's best we not discuss that !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #53
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes, it's true, although some more than others. of my two cats, one is very noisy, and very smelly (and loves to yawn right in your face, so you get the full benefit of her stinkiness !), and demands a lot of attention, constantly !! the other one is (generally...) more discrete, although she's been annoyingly dog-like too in the past days. at least if she has to yawn she does it in her own space so i can't say she's stinky !
Sounds like my two cats... One will crawl on my lap, the other will lay on my feet. Once we can have in the bedroom at night as he'll stay on his chair. The other has to be locked down as he'll try to walk all over you the whole night...

And I wasn't talking about cat's breath... Rather the other end (and it can't be the food as they both eat the same, preferably out of the same bowl!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that is a cat's favorite sport. also the "running ambush" best performed 1. in the dark, 2. at the top of the stairs (if possible), 3. when you are carrying a full cup of freshly-made (so very hot) tea, or other potentially dangerous handful.
point 2 is fun, especially if the cat is about the same colour as the covering on the stairs... He loves laying on the stairs and you can hardly see him with his camouflage colours!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #54
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
All I'm saying is, if you put your wife and your dog in the trunk of the car, guess who's going to act happy to see you two hours later when you open it up?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #55
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
All I'm saying is, if you put your wife and your dog in the trunk of the car, guess who's going to act happy to see you two hours later when you open it up?

Love it, impeccable logic.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #56
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
All I'm saying is, if you put your boytoy and your dog in the trunk of the car, guess who's going to act happy to see you two hours later when you open it up?
ok, point well taken
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #57
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I have a Bearded Dragon as a pet. She a FireTiger morph. beautiful red. She only a few months old right now, but her colours are getting stronger. Her name is Khzenia Khydda. Ksenia - Russian for "Wanderer". Kaida - Japanese for "Little Dragon".

So, for short I just call her Khy, or Khydda.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #58
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel;
hee ! actually, that book was like the official consecration of my conversion to ebooks. i don't know if you can tell from the photo, but it was so stiff (heavy paper, tightly bound) that it was almost painful to try to hold it open with one hand. my poor thumb really had to push to keep the thing from slamming shut. and since i didn't want to break the spine (it wasn't mine, and it's an out of print book which is very hard to find) i couldn't open it far enough to comfortably read the text nearest the binding. and the whole book was printed in sans serif font !!! i really was interested in the topic (it's a biography of tom waits) but in the end i gave up and returned it to my friend without finishing it.

obsession is right (see subject of book above) but sadly the only thing it cured me of was wanting to read paper books !

as for the things cats are obsessed with, hm, i think it's best we not discuss that !

BTW love the cat - so much love & character in the eyes - you are very lucky to have ?him
Old 06-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #59
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk;
Been there - that's why I now have two dogs a cat & no wife
Old 06-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #60
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Been there - that's why I now have two dogs a cat & no wife
Aaahhh. Are you saying the wife wasn't glad to see you when you let her out of the trunk? She didn't wag her tail and lick your face?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote