Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #1
SachaB
SachaB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Kobo in Restoring mode for 6 days now

Hi there, I have a Kobo touch, relatively new (couple of months) and not too frequently used. It has been freezing on me a couple of times already but could solve this with turning off and on. Since about a week it's been on 'Restoring' mode, after I had to do a hard reset as the screen was blank and all I got was an orange blinking light at the power button. It was fully charged, but can it really take more than 6 days for the Kobo to go through this 'Restoring' process before it turns off, so I can try turn it on again? It has been showing 4 out of 5 boxes filled, not sure if that makes a difference though! Thanks for helping out!
SachaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
At this point I'm pretty sure it's out of power at a minimum. Plug it in (preferably to a wall outlet) and leave it for a bit then try and restart it. I might even try and restart the factory reset.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2016, 09:44 PM   #3
SachaB
SachaB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
thanks Robko....

I charged it with a wall charger, and when trying to do a hard reset it gives me the same as before: screen blinks a few times and then the orange light at the power button continues to blink. Sigh. I was reading a real cool book! Any chance you think I still might be able to save it?

I have now put it back in restoring mode and it's on 3 out of 5 filled boxes instead of the 4 out of 5 I had before... surely that must mean something!

Last edited by SachaB; 01-08-2016 at 10:09 PM.
SachaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, restoring, touch